Royal Ascot - Day 5

Holy crap. If only the camera had actually been on the winner when she was going through the pack.

Broke Henrythenavigator's course record from the Coventry a few years back. Faster than the Golden Jubilee, and she was only carrying 4lb less than she would have in that.

Some performance my hairy arse. He's got a group horse running off 95. Tell me a trainer who couldn't have got it done. Genki raped by the draw as Dandy Boy was.

Some performance my hairy arse. He's got a group horse running off 95. Tell me a trainer who couldn't have got it done. Genki raped by the draw as Dandy Boy was.

Group horse or not - that was a tremendous effort to have her ready and win like that after such a length of time off.

It must be a bloodbath for the bookies at Ascot.

The more I look at Caracciola in the last the
more I think he should be a single figure price.I have taken some 34 for a win and 8 a place.I think it's his race to win.

There is no way I could have backed the winner there. It was all hype and whispers. A good meeting overall though, just the handicaps that were costly.

Done my absolute brains, had built up a lovely bank from the Guineas through to Epsom, have decimated it this week. I never do well at this track.

I think there are some forum connections who will be extremely thrilled about Bergo's win. ;) They own the 3/4 brother, and very well done to them all round.

I admit I was sure he needed softer ground, but never doubted his class or stamina. Really pleased for Bergo, has had so many problems and deserved to win a big one. Just gutted I was not there to cheer him on. Well done to Gary Moore for getting him right after a string of trainers failed too.

Just for the record:
4.25 (From) High draws: Genki (1st), Barney McGrew, Rileyskeepingfaith (3rd), Noverre To Go (2nd),
Lows: Golden Desert (5th paid), Masamah, Medicean Man, Laddies Poker Two (1st and overall winner), Sohraab
I love these big handicaps :D

And Fleeting Spirit won her side by a good couple of lengths.

I've never seen people wandering about at Ascot with the wads of money in their hands that I see at Cheltenham every year. Or standing in long queues to bet or get more cash out of machines! :lol:

Still masses of people doing tiny bets at Ascot which I don't think you get so much at Cheltenham. That is, on course, not sure how it goes off course.

Galileo-I read that article-they really are full of it the way they glossed over Cheltenham.
Some RP online articles are a disgrace - on the morning of the French guineas at 915 they had a piece about how the pricewise selections were being heavily punted.

Back