Russell Brand

A total non-story and I am sick to death of hearing about it. It was a stupid prank that wasn't very funny and back-fired a bit. Who gives a s*it? If you don't like Brand or Ross's humour, then don't listen to their show.

This morning, the first 10 minutes of the Sky News (yes, I know but I was bored to tears by a feature about Norton motorbikes on BBC Breakfast) headlines were dedicated to this utter nonsense. The news of 120+ deaths in a Pakistan earthquake got about 15 seconds. Presumably, as none of the dead are white/English speaking, it doesn't really matter. What does this say about the British media?

I can 't believe that 18,000 people have been bothered to register their complaints. Haven't these lunatics got anything better to do with their time? A text to BBC News from one such a*rehole complained that he had been trying FOR TWO DAYS to register his complaint, but the line is constantly engaged. Dear oh dear.

Please will the British nation get a grip and put this non-issue into perspective?

A total non-story and I am sick to death of hearing about it. It was a stupid prank that wasn't very funny and back-fired a bit. Who gives a s*it? If you don't like Brand or Ross's humour, then don't listen to their show.

This morning, the first 10 minutes of the Sky News (yes, I know but I was bored to tears by a feature about Norton motorbikes on BBC Breakfast) headlines were dedicated to this utter nonsense. The news of 120+ deaths in a Pakistan earthquake got about 15 seconds. Presumably, as none of the dead are white/English speaking, it doesn't really matter. What does this say about the British media?

I can 't believe that 18,000 people have been bothered to register their complaints. Haven't these lunatics got anything better to do with their time? A text to BBC News from one such a*rehole complained that he had been trying FOR TWO DAYS to register his complaint, but the line is constantly engaged. Dear oh dear.

Please will the British nation get a grip and put this non-issue into perspective?

Well said. Storm in a teacup & bored to death with hearing about it,I'd rather listen to a 10 minute feature about Norton motorbikes;)

I personally think that those who dislike Ross & Brand have found this the perfect opportunity to stick the knife in & get them booted out. If they leave the BBC (which RB now as) somebody else will give them a job!

I can 't believe that 18,000 people have been bothered to register their complaints. Haven't these lunatics got anything better to do with their time?

They were probably encouraged to by whatever rag they read. This happended a week or so ago and has been made into this big story by the press. This is a press, and I`m talking broadsheet and tabloid here that is made by arseholes and read by fuckwits. I think it`s one of the worst things about living in this country. It`s created a nation full of sheep whose opinions on life and how they lead it are basically formed by whatever newspaper they read.

I agree with Blazing Walker and Relkeel. Tempest in a teacup, stirred up by the red-tops and people who think its cool to jump on bandwaggons.

Last edited:
I would suspect a lot of the '18,000' just don't like either of them and have taken the opportunity to say so. Completely blown out of all proportion and I thought Andrew Sachs looked shaken by all the fuss.

Yes there are more important things going on in the World and the press had a part to play in stirring up the public but they deserved to lose their jobs.

Also I don't consider 18,000 people a huge no. in a Country the size of yours. Is it possible those people where just disgusted at 'entertainment' reaching a new low and decided to let it be known ?

Last edited:
Would have been nice if in years gone by they had played this prank on Francis Albert

I suspect we would be searching for the bodies now....

I hear the level of complaints has ogne up to over 30,000 - it says more about this country than what this pair actually got up to that so many people clearly have nothing better to do with their time than contact the BBC with complaints over two non-funny walking egos.

The only thing thats sadder then the amount of coverage this non-story has got in GB is the amount of coverage that has been given in Ireland.

Back