Sandown: Tingle Creek Day

I've had a small interest on Sam Winner at 20's for the Jewson anyway. I'm not too bothered where Al Ferof goes.

I'm not convinced by your reasoning. What's going to outpace him? Of the main contenders (Al Ferof, Peddlers Cross, Grand Crus, Menorah), Al Ferof is the only one to have won over fences at 2m (as opposed to an extended 2m 1f or longer); he won the Supreme Novices last year in a faster time than Hurricane Fly won the CH and his jumping this term has been slick, quick and accurate.

Cruella,

Enough of the facts please, please stick to hype and 'the word'.... :D

Not sure I agree with Nicholls that Al Ferof is like Noland. I don't doubt Al Ferof will get further over fences but he looks a quicker horse than Noland. The latter was badly outpaced in the Supreme on slower ground and just got up in the last stride.

And then he was absent for over a year with injury before contesting the Arkle.

Al Ferof has a different profile I think.

Yeah i wouldn't disagree Katherine. Perhaps Nicholls is making those types of comparisons as back up in case he's beaten and the reaction will be..."well I always felt Al Ferof needed further..."

Apart from AF, has Nicholls got an Arkle type? One doesn't ratlle off the top of my head right now.

Yeah i wouldn't disagree Katherine. Perhaps Nicholls is making those types of comparisons as back up in case he's beaten and the reaction will be..."well I always felt Al Ferof needed further..."

:)

Apart from AF, has Nicholls got an Arkle type? One doesn't ratlle off the top of my head right now.

Nor mine. I would take Al Ferof over Sam Winner anyway, but especially for this race.

Cruella,

Enough of the facts please, please stick to hype and 'the word'.... :D

Oops, sorry - my mistake. :p

My cousin's nephew's window cleaner's cat was told by the McCains' farrier's girlfriend's next-door neighbour's hairdresser that Peddler's Cross is so fast they're going to sew his balls back on and give him an entry for the Nunthorpe. :whistle:

(Is that better?)

Oops, sorry - my mistake. :p

My cousin's nephew's window cleaner's cat was told by the McCains' farrier's girlfriend's next-door neighbour's hairdresser that Peddler's Cross is so fast they're going to sew his balls back on and give him an entry for the Nunthorpe. :whistle:

(Is that better?)

Perfect. :p

Interesting Katherine. They must be looking at the RSA for him. Strange I would have thought for a 5yo.

Interesting Katherine. They must be looking at the RSA for him. Strange I would have thought for a 5yo.

If that's so (and I'm not sure it is), would that modify your view about Al Ferof going for the Jewson?

If that's so (and I'm not sure it is), would that modify your view about Al Ferof going for the Jewson?

It would certainly give that option. It's difficult to know (even to guess) as Nicholls has so much ammunition he could have somehting else lined up for the Jewson. I would imagine at this stage while Nicholls may have a general idea of where they will go, plans can always change.

Point to note about Sam Winner for anyone that didnt see his last run. He jumped markedly to his left. I would hope after some more schooling that it is not as exagerated this time around, although around Cheltenham it will be less of a disadvantage.

Sonofvic could be a RSA possible for Nicholls.

I can see them keeping Sam Winner at around 2½ miles for now, unless he runs on Friday and shows he needs further. But I'd have thought Friday's trip should be just about right for him at this stage.

I agree about his jumping at Exeter. It was markedly left.

Hello,

Would anyone remember if there was heavy rain after the 1st two races on the Tingle Creek card? I really can't remember from memory.

Thanks

Hello,

Would anyone remember if there was heavy rain after the 1st two races on the Tingle Creek card? I really can't remember from memory.

Thanks

Going didn't change if that's what you are asking: Good to soft (soft in places), although the going did change at Aintree (to heavy) during the course of the card on the same day, which is what you may have remembered.

Back