Saturday 7 January Sandown etc

:lol:

Not even the lack of a gallop can be used as an excuse for Prospect Wells. Ran no race.

read my earlier post for why. You can't run a potential Supreme horse in 5 of the races he's run in and expect him to keep his form (imho).

William Hill gone 10/1 Captain Conan for the Supreme. A truly horrific price. Please tell me they will run this slow yoke instead of Simonsig.

William Hill gone 10/1 Captain Conan for the Supreme. A truly horrific price. Please tell me they will run this slow yoke instead of Simonsig.

Well, they ran Sprinter Sacre in it last year. I've an awful feeling this fella and Tetlami will be Supreme bound and Simonsig will be aimed at the Neptune.

Well, they ran Sprinter Sacre in it last year. I've an awful feeling this fella and Tetlami will be Supreme bound and Simonsig will be aimed at the Neptune.

I hope not. I hate ripping up ante post vouchers in January!

Supreme is looking such a weak race. Simonsig aside (who looks a doubtful runner) I can't fancy anything at all.

I saw Prospect Wells at Newbury and thought he was running up a bit light so I suspect it's a case of one race too many. I wouldn't entirely dismiss him for the Supreme back on good ground, with a fast pace after a break.

Mr Henderson please send Simonsig to the Supreme. You know it makes sense.

Not a fan of the way it's been ridden,coming from behind.i'd like to see him ridden up there to be honest.For the simonsig fans I'm sure I have read somewhere that the Neptune is the preferred route

Henderson also has a 27 length Southwell maiden hurdle winner Oscar Nominee too.

Pricewise mongs collect. Wonder when Venetia tipped Tom the wink.

Not impossible to find by any means. I backed him in the Ladbroke last time at a huge price but clearly missed it by one. Didn't back him today because the price had long gone.

He does just keep banging in the winners though. It's ludicrous. :rolleyes:

It's a shame these handicaps are won by blatant non-tries from their previous runs. Look at it's last 4 runs!

big prices in those races as well..then suddenly the drop in price today..it does stink to be fair..yes ran in Ladbroke..but hardly the type of run that said back me next time.

i packed in bothering much with these big 2miler handicaps..think most of it is who you know..not what..with pricewise its obviously who you know..because there is no way that was a form pick

You see, for me it's quite simple. I realise horses are animals etc etc, but unless Venetia can provide a clear and valid reason, especially with the betting how it was, she and all her horses should be given a six month holiday. People call it a gamble, I call it cheating. I had no strong opinions on this race but you simply could not have had this horse, especially not at the price. It says to me that I should discontinue looking at these mid season handicaps, as all the decent form study in the world means nothing when you have this kind of caper going on. The BHA will, of course, do nothing.

Last edited:
I backed Ciceron for £100 ew @ 20-1 this morning at 8:30.

I was tipped off about the horse.

big prices in those races as well..then suddenly the drop in price today..it does stink to be fair..yes ran in Ladbroke..but hardly the type of run that said back me next time.

i packed in bothering much with these big 2miler handicaps..think most of it is who you know..not what..with pricewise its obviously who you know..because there is no way that was a form pick

I don't believe he was given the nod for this. I think his article was a nice way of saying it was a non-trier on it's last few runs.

Back