Saturday 7 January Sandown etc

I wish I could spot non-triers like Tom!

Is there anything the BHA could possibly do here?

You see I disagree. I think he was perfectly 'findable'. After all I thought he had a small squeak in the Labroke at a huge price. This was a much weaker race so the 16/1 was understandable. And the fact that he was tipped up by a whole heap of tipsters (Pricewise included) explains why he shortened so much.

Ironically if he hadn't shortened so much then I'd have backed him today too. His form was one of a horse showing signs of coming back to form. He was on a lower mark than he had previously won off and conditions were in his favour. Factor in that Williams' horses have hit form and he is a perfectly understandable selection.

There have been at least 15 people on Horse Racing forum that I've seen put up at least 150 Word reasons behind Ciceron running a big race.

Hamm you need to look at your formreading, maybe you're losing touch with the younger generation?

Rather than complaining go out and reading some thoughts elsewhere - OLBG, The Punters Lounge, Ohracing.

These people are proper individuals who tip succesfully, I've yet to see anyone on here give a prolonged reason into a horses chances, all I see is just the name of a horse and the time of the race like I'm expected to trust that.

i think he gets more than his fair share of nods..or he has a crystal ball

obviously they don't all win..but my general feeling for pricewise in general has been someone who gets the nod then makes it fit in a form way with his write up

as i've said before..there is nowt clever about it..its what is wrong with the game...this owners and friends privelege stuff...turns folk away..not attracts

its basically insider trading in my mind..always has been and always will be..i just try and avoid these types of races as they do seem to be a large vehicle for this type of thing at the moment

as far as i am concerned..owners can have all the info they want about whats trying and whats not..but over a period of time there will be less mugs not knowing this stuff taking part in the game..which will put a dent in the smugness imo

You see I disagree. I think he was perfectly 'findable'. After all I thought he had a small squeak in the Labroke at a huge price. This was a much weaker race so the 16/1 was understandable. And the fact that he was tipped up by a whole heap of tipsters (Pricewise included) explains why he shortened so much.

Ironically if he hadn't shortened so much then I'd have backed him today too. His form was one of a horse showing signs of coming back to form. He was on a lower mark than he had previously won off and conditions were in his favour. Factor in that Williams' horses have hit form and he is a perfectly understandable selection.

totally disagree tbh..i think teh word got out..simple as that

totally disagree tbh..i think the word got out..simple as that

I fancied him for the Ladbroke though! i.e. before 'the word' got out, before anyone else had tipped him, etc. I had heard nothing just thought that his form entitled him to go far better than his price. I don't see anything dodgy here I must say. I could find him so I'm sure Pricewise and anybody else could.

the ascot race before the ladbroke was nowhere near as good as todays..he was 25/1 and beaten 45 length..off just 6lbs higher..dropping it 6 lbs in that race wouldn't reduce the 45 much..

this drop in weights stuff..just generally means..when its that mark..we don't try...when its this mark we do

I fancied him for the Ladbroke though! i.e. before 'the word' got out, before anyone else had tipped him, etc. I had heard nothing just thought that his form entitled him to go far better than his price. I don't see anything dodgy here I must say. I could find him so I'm sure Pricewise and anybody else could.

i can find him for today...now

its a pretty clear cut example in my mind,,but maybe i'm just too suspicious

i'll tell you one thing though..if he was a form horse today..then my chance of actually ever throwing a horse out just based on form in future..is nil...which means i'm wasting my time even looking..when thousands of others come to that same conclusion..there will only be owners left to pinch money off each other

Last edited:
just to add

this ..she's in form now.. isn't really holding much water with me..she had 5 winners in November and 6 in December...and i'll bet she has probably 8/10 this month by its end..there is no in or out informness there imo...her best months generally have 7 wins in them..so has never been out of form during those shite runs the horse had

its all smoke and mirrors:)

Last edited:
Spot on, EC.

The problem is made 100 times worse by the media. For example, the biggest crook in racing (aka JP) will have a monster bet on a horse of his that hasn't been off in its last few races. It all of a sudden find a stone or more when his 100k is down, and the media revel in a sensational gamble. I fail to see anything to be excited by - quite the opposite. JP's legendary gambles shouldn't be allowed to happen anymore, and the perception of these gambles needs to change - it is out and out cheating. But, the media won't change and the punters will happily latch on, meaning there is little driving force for any change, especially with an organisation as weak as the BHA at the top.

Absolutely coasting two out, beautiful ride. Keighly horse unlucky, hit a hurdle really hard when making ground, had to take his time to get back in and then came 5 wide round the bend - his turn will come soon.

Spot on, EC.

The problem is made 100 times worse by the media. For example, the biggest crook in racing (aka JP) will have a monster bet on a horse of his that hasn't been off in its last few races.

Have a look at the 2.40 in Naas tomorrow. La Sarrazine runs off a mark of 96 which is 36lbs below her hurdles mark. At her peak she was beaten just over 14 lengths by General Miller and Menorah in a Grade 2 novice hurdle at Aintree in 2010.

14/1 and looks to have around 2 stone in hand. Unless the horse has physical problems she has been a complete non-jigger over fences on all four runs.

Colebrooke value in the Novices hurdle, especially with BP jr. negating the penalty

Sorry to mark my own homework, but thought this should have been half the SP - unfashionable trainer, form in the book, clever jockey booking, just before claim reduction. Had meant to put up Champion Court last weekend for similar reasons.

Loved the way it went about its business and refused to be headed - could see this being a bit of a Barazan at the festival.

Sorry to mark my own homework, but thought this should have been half the SP - unfashionable trainer, form in the book, clever jockey booking, just before claim reduction. Had meant to put up Champion Court last weekend for similar reasons.

Loved the way it went about its business and refused to be headed - could see this being a bit of a Barazan at the festival.

well done with that one..good spot:cool:

Have a look at the 2.40 in Naas tomorrow. La Sarrazine runs off a mark of 96 which is 36lbs below her hurdles mark. At her peak she was beaten just over 14 lengths by General Miller and Menorah in a Grade 2 novice hurdle at Aintree in 2010.

14/1 and looks to have around 2 stone in hand. Unless the horse has physical problems she has been a complete non-jigger over fences on all four runs.

I forgot to add it's her first run in a handicap..

Good spot - will be very interested to know when she is off.

Probably just don't want to get caught by the short and curlies.

I've just noticed the RP have updated their website for the Naas card. Basically Powers and Boyles are laying Alan Sweetman's tissue. He was 6/1 the mare.

Spot on, EC.

The problem is made 100 times worse by the media. For example, the biggest crook in racing (aka JP) will have a monster bet on a horse of his that hasn't been off in its last few races. It all of a sudden find a stone or more when his 100k is down, and the media revel in a sensational gamble. I fail to see anything to be excited by - quite the opposite. JP's legendary gambles shouldn't be allowed to happen anymore, and the perception of these gambles needs to change - it is out and out cheating. But, the media won't change and the punters will happily latch on, meaning there is little driving force for any change, especially with an organisation as weak as the BHA at the top.

Talking of gambles the phillians horse at Newcastle was something else smashed up in morning and didn't stop getting smashed on course until they were off. Absolutely dotted up. How anyone could have found that is beyond me.

Back