Saturday

Wouldn't rate the race any lower due to LIH's run DO - she was coming into the race on a 3 timer, has reversed previous form with Kings Apostle and Diabolical and is arguably an improving filly. Aftertiming here but she was on my shortish list (went with Kings Apostle in the end) - you may well be right about JJ though, seemed he might have put it all in at Windsor.

The wokingham will be a test of the theory that they have overwatered the standside..those going high will be suited in the Wokingham if they have overdone it..the times yesterday suggested there is something wrong standside..up to press no one has HAD to go far side..which they must do in the wokingham..you would have thought

so I will plump for a high drawn wokingham winner..as long as they stay that side of course

you would think that with the track records being broke on the round course that someone might think that the farside rail just can't be that slow

I would want to be right on top of either rail.

Spot on EC. Asset made up a lot of ground right on the rail also but the winner was just that bit better.
I backed Asset and thought Dettori gave him a great ride - held up towards the rear and tbh I was surprised just how much room there was up that far rail, they were racing at least 3 or 4 horses off it on the far side :)

Well done, EC1. Hope that makes up for your earlier disappointment.

I had a choice to make. Split my stake low/high or go with one or the other. I went low. Had I read your comments on here in the lead-up (allied to our earlier musings about the watering) I might have gone for a saver on the winner but hey that's the chances you take.

I need Boz to win or I'll have done mine...

was it your £5k they mentioned on the beeb IS? :p

there should be a relentless pace on in the 5.00

martyr
road to love
drill sergeant
night crescendo

all love the front

Have had a bit on Young Mick who comes out best at the weights on this ground/distance..and will be coming late when the pace collapses

I backed Asset and thought Dettori gave him a great ride - held up towards the rear and tbh I was surprised just how much room there was up that far rail, they were racing at least 3 or 4 horses off it on the far side :)

Yeah, you'd wonder why they didn't just commit completely to the rail. There's a reason Dettori and Moore are champions.

Well done, EC1. Hope that makes up for your earlier disappointment.

I had a choice to make. Split my stake low/high or go with one or the other. I went low. Had I read your comments on here in the lead-up (allied to our earlier musings about the watering) I might have gone for a saver on the winner but hey that's the chances you take.

I need Boz to win or I'll have done mine...

it sort of makes up DO - I hate it when things don't work out like in that race though - it bugs me :lol:

good luck with Boz - will be suited to the run of the race..looks a good race in prospect

its been a great week..really enjoyed it

As indicated I really felt Asset had a great chance and kept increasing my bet -ew-throughout. Backed High Standing to a small stake and had a small RFC. Still thought I was in for a big payday. Perhaps Dettori set sail a little early. Bugger

Hattan Flight ran a cracker there I thought. Not sure what it says about weight theory though!

Road To Love is lobbed in on his best although I do have reservations about the trip. The booking of R Hills makes me wonder if they'll they'll try to get him to the front and slow it down or whether they'll force the pace for the stablemates.

Road To Love looked in good form today and will be one to watch for in a big 10f handicap on fast ground later in the summer. He really set the race up for the yard but Drill Sergeant did fantastically well to win from a prominent position in such a fast race. With Young Mick running well there's every reason to believe this is very strong form. Boz was beaten at halfway and could do with having his removed.

Well done again, EC1.

This saturday in the calendar always makes me cringe a bit. Channel 4 always trying to convince us that the Northumberland Plate is a really big race:blink:

Thommo "The richest two mile handicap in Europe"

Just the tennis for me today.

The richest 2m handicap in the northern hemisphere.

I like the PLate and I've a really good record in it. Unfortunately, today's race was a bit of a farce.

The richest 2m handicap in the northern hemisphere.

I like the PLate and I've a really good record in it. Unfortunately, today's race was a bit of a farce.

You couldn't really say that Som Tala didn't deserve a big one though, he's been a bridesmaid in so many big handicaps, one had to drop right for him sooner or later.

There were more withdralls in the Northumberland Plate than att B.O.S. last year mucked up my laying,

Tome had awinner that's when you know it's going to be a bad day

and Barry's Bismark won as well, Tanta tip went down it was E.W. not even a place but Bell won at Chester instead-just one of thoses day's

Back