Sea The Stars - Retirement Announced

Well given that Nijinsky was also trained in Ireland, its doesnt make much sense does it DT?

And also before you spout off such chippy nonsense, you should look at the papers here. In a reasonably in depth piece, The Times for one has declared the horse best european since the war

No it hasn't.

When I clicked on the link shortly before you, it was listed as 'unavailable' so clearly there were conversations with M'Lud

PS It's back now, correct - and the pertinent sentence is:

"Sea The Stars is an annoying horse for two reasons - the first 'a' should clearly be an 'e',
and he keeps beating horses I back"

the second part of the observation being the telling one LOL

Last edited:
I wish I owned a horse as ordinary as Dylan Thomas :lol:

Hardly the point: DT was all out to beat Youmzain, if indeed he did
STS has not been all out to beat anything in this season

though I do agree Dt was not 'ordinary'.
I think he might have been, trained by anyone else or anywhere else

He was rated 132 by Timeform and of course thumped Youmzain in the King George on his favoured fast ground. Ordinary, by any standards, he was not.

That was never the Youmzain we all know from longchamp that day at ascot. He was all over the place

When I clicked on the link shortly before you, it was listed as 'unavailable' so clearly there were conversations with M'Lud

PS It's back now, correct

Why were there "clearly...conversations with M'Lud" just because you couldn't open the page? Don't be so daft. Strangely enough, I don't need you to patronisingly tell me I'm correct either, myself and others clearly managed to read the piece after you'd erroneously announced that it had been taken down.

Now, why don't you lamp into Maurice over here the way you did elsewhere (identical to the way you launched into someone else for exactly the same reason for a different ride), telling him he can't have an opinion on the way Kinane rode Sea The Stars because he doesn't ride?!?! Funny how you don't launch into such tirades over here..... :lol::lol::ninja:

The guy should be strung up for being such a supercillious tw@t. He gets an opportunity, which few of us have, to expound the virtues of a brilliant champion to the mass public and he pocket talks? He would get slated on here for that. He even claims he can't remember who won the arc last year then a few sentences later uses Zarkava to prove some non-sensical form point based on the two lengths between Youmzain and his three conqueror's..

I don't normally get too annoyed about these things but the guy is quite clearly a cock. If he's trying to be funny or tongue in cheek he has failed.

Do you think Dylan Thomas was an "ordinary" horse, or not?

The guy should be strung up for being such a supercillious tw@t. He gets an opportunity, which few of us have, to expound the virtues of a brilliant champion to the mass public and he pocket talks? He would get slated on here for that. He even claims he can't remember who won the arc last year then a few sentences later uses Zarkava to prove some non-sensical form point based on the two lengths between Youmzain and his three conqueror's..

I don't normally get too annoyed about these things but the guy is quite clearly a cock. If he's trying to be funny or tongue in cheek he has failed.

It’s more than justified imo for you to be annoyed… The sports editors of such low-quality tabloids actually encourage this sort of tripe. Complaints would only fall on deaf ears. They would tell you you’d mistaken them for people who give a shit.

Indeed, but i thought the mirror was a working mans paper so surely they are missing a trick anyway.. It's ill-judged, unfounded antagonistic shoite...

Really wound me up when I read it!!!

This sort of tripe should just be ignored , journalists write it just for attention .

Meanwhile sounding more and more like they are going to skip the Breeders Cup judging by Oxx's comments . I mean if a horse that he " toyed " with can win the Classic that will say as much as him winning it . I think that the Breeders Cup is massively overrated as the test of a racehorse .

Just looking back on the race. I know its only ifs and buts, but if Getaway had managed to get himself in front of Sea The Stars just turning for home, would the champ have been in serious trouble? I know its stupid to make a direct comparison but look at the path of Getaway from that moment the finish line...

Just looking back on the race. I know its only ifs and buts, but if Getaway had managed to get himself in front of Sea The Stars just turning for home, would the champ have been in serious trouble? I know its stupid to make a direct comparison but look at the path of Getaway from that moment the finish line...

The point is - he would never have been able to - the most stunning thing of all about that race is how STS made G1 horses look like platers the way he swept by and through them .

Last edited:
The point is - he would never have been able to - the most stunning thing of all about that race is how STS made G1 horses look like platers the way he swept by and through them .

Agree with Ardross, Getaway is a decent animal but very few animals in the last 20 years could have done what STS did on Sunday.

Back