Sea The Stars, sea the pics

uncle goober

At the Start
Some pics of a would-be St Leger winner taking the first two legs of The Triple Crown.

3177024Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarswi.jpg

3177027Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarswi.jpg

3177028Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarswi.jpg

3177029Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarswi.jpg

3177030Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarswi.jpg

3177031Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarswi.jpg

3177032Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarswi.jpg

3177033Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarswi.jpg

3177038Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarsaf.jpg

3177040Newmarket2May09SeaTheStarsaf.jpg

Thanks v. much, Uncle G, for those images, which just confirm what a superb-looking beast STS is. As John Oxx said, he's a masculine fellow - you wouldn't mistake him for a 'big filly', and he just looks the biz all round.

Strangely enough, Christie, one of the barmen in the Os & Ts Bar at Brighton, told me that (as a County Kildare man himself) he used to serve John Oxx (and the Prendergasts) when he worked as a younger fellow in Oxx's local. He said JO was an absolute gent then (but was not quite so keen on the Prendergasts) - and he quite clearly remains one now. I get the feeling that man and horse complement each other very nicely in temperament.

Superb pics UG..An absolute pleasure to see them first thing thing this morning. A beautiful beautiful horse, with the perfect temperment:<3:

What a magnificent beast he is. I fell in love with him when I saw him win his maiden at Leop. He is my ideal thoroughbred. Well done on the pics.

Thank you for the lovely photos. I too fell in love with him last year. He is the most gorgeous Thoroughbred with a real presence about him. Also seemed very apt that the winning trophy was of 2 previous Derby winning half brothers.

ohhhhhh!
There's a light in the sky that hangs on the edge of illuuuusioonnn,
something very fine but it's something you knooow is therrre.
Mystery of time, hidden by a man of confuuusiooon
but the hand is quicker than the eyye
only the stranger knows why-iyy-uh iii eye
'cos it's magic
you know it's magic thatchoool fiind
you see it's magic....

Thank you very much for sharing this exceptional pix with us.
I think Sea the Stars is very aware of himself & this quite rightly.
Hopefully he will make it to Longchamp, conquer the Bois de Boulogne ...

Colin - he's just wearing a plain jointed snaffle, but if you look at the other runners behind him, none of them is wearing anything too much different, and there's a notable absence of off-cuts of sheep, crossed nosebands and tongue-ties! The horse in the Coolmore colours appears to be wearing the ubiquitous Dexter ring bit, which provides a little more control over headstrong animals, but otherwise, they're all in plain snaffles, which is what you'd hope to see at this top-rank level, although BLACK BEAR ISLAND wore a Grakle noseband with his.

Last edited:
I've tried doing a small gif of STS and i'll make a better one tomorow, this is only 5.2mb so it should be acceptable.

Sea-The-Stars.gif

Back