Sizing Europe

LUKE

Senior Jockey
Henry isn't happy with the horses in general-he doesn't think they are right.I am not saying he cant win but in my opinion he will be a significant drifter on Friday.Don't go taking the 6-4 with Powers.

Cheers for the heads-up Luke. Couldn't take odds like that about the horse next time out after what happened at Cheltenham anyway.

Time will tell if the information is correct.I couldn't bring myself to lay him-he really got my heart pumping this season.
Apparently the owner wants to go chasing,trainer wants to stay hurdling next season.

i think sublimity was going just as well as sizzing before the ground took over and sublimity wasnt able to pick up in and and stopped and looked the better of the two on value before this great info came out.

Thanks for the useful information luke!

Sizing Africa shortened by 7 or 8 points (on betfair)in a few minutes just before the off yesterday and was last of 23 finishers.
The information was given to me in good faith from someone with a proven track record regarding the stable.I wouldn't like to think that anyone would go over the top and do something stupid in relation to it.This time last year Henry was so worried about the form of the horses that ran early in the week at Punchestown that he personally travelled up in the horsebox with SE.It could be the case that his class will carry him through.

Could have laid 400 euro at 2/1 or under coming back from Punchestown on Tuesday-just couldn't bring myself to do it.
I think missing tomorrow will be good for the horse in the long run.Interesting to hear Henry say its the owners decision if he stays hurdling.

The problem is with the yard in general -horses just not in form.
The owner definitely wants to go chasing-trainer would like to stay hurdling but says it owners decision.

I would rather see him go chasing - for me the NH game is all about Steeplechasing, and I must admit it was sad to see Hardy Eustace and Brave Inca forsake chasing campaigns for hurdling spoils.

Even Harchibald might have been worth a tilt over the bigger obstacles as that can often sort out quirky hurdlers - I remember Green Green Desert improving beyond all recognition when he went chasing.

If Sizing Europe goes chasing then I expect a few others, such as Captain Cee Bee for example, definitely would continue over hurdles.

Problem with Cee Bee is age - he will be 8 come next Cheltenham - do they really want to be waiting till he is 9 before trying to claim big chasing crowns? Especially since McManus has Binocular to keep the hurdling brigade on their toes?

A fair point, but CB might easily reach the top of the hurdling rankings in Ireland if Sizing was out of the way, given that the old brigade appear to be finished. Binocular and he race in different countries and wouldn't need to clash with each other before Cheltenham.

If Sizing stays with the hurdling I would expect CB to be at least tried over fences, but if he doesn't take to them he could be switched back to hurdles fairly smartly.

Sizing balloons his hurdles - I'm surprised anyone would want to keep him to the smaller obstacles next year

Sizing Europe would be wasted staying over hurdles and i agree he jumps too big. He looks all over a chaser and i really hope the owners get their way.

Originally posted by Headstrong@Apr 29 2008, 10:07 PM
Sizing balloons his hurdles - I'm surprised anyone would want to keep him to the smaller obstacles next year
I know this criticism was levelled at him after the AIG, bit it didn't seem to be the case at Cheltenham. He was travelling as well as anything in the Champion prior to something going wrong with him, so on that evidence his hurdling technique is not that flawed. I still would like to see him over fences next season having said that.

To me he really does look like a two and a half mile chaser but if you had a hurdler that good would you really want to try him over fences.

Originally posted by LUKE@Apr 30 2008, 08:33 PM
To me he really does look like a two and a half mile chaser but if you had a hurdler that good would you really want to try him over fences.
I really would. If he doesn't go chasing now he never will. He looks ready made to jump fences

Back