Skybet Chase Saturday Donny

48 Hour Declarations for the Skybet Chase with latest best prices (in betting order)
6 Hold On Julio 7-2F
5 Shakalakaboomboom 8-1
11 Qianshan Leader 9-1
2 Calgary Bay 10-1
3 Aiteenthirtythree 10-1
4 Wayward Lad 10-1
8 Galaxy Rock 11-1
13 Shalimar Fromentro 12-1
1 I'msingingtheblues 16-1
7 Cape Tribulation 16-1
9 Wymott 20-1
10 Fruity O'Rooney 20-1
16 Osric 25-1
14 Nikola 33-1
15 Riguez Dancer 33-1
17 Carrickmines 33-1
12 Merigo 50-1

Hmm I didn't think they'd run Hold On Julio again he had avery hard race last timew but there ya go. Cracking Horse though.

Shakalakaboomboom I'm not a big fan off and I doubt very much if she is the reason Barry has come here instead of going to Cheltenham to ride Master of The Hall....wish to hell Nicky would just say whether SS runs or doesn't the man can be such an a$$hole but even if he doesn't Kid cassidy would have a better chance the MOTH.

Tell ya what Justin if Wayward Lad was running and I could get 10/1 there wouldn't be a bookmaker still standing after the race :lol:

It's not the greatest Gret Yorkshire Chase by any stretch of the imagination I've already put up Fruity but what about Carrickmines?

He's been better than ever of late and I can just imagine him 50 lengths behind turning for home and coming with that mad late run of his and mowing most of them down. He could just be a very good back to lay in running because if he even looks like starting to run on in that long home straight his price will drop like a stone.

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it ;)

Hold on Julio has gone up 11lB I think and that handicap he won was muck. Neptune Collonges. Lol.

Has to be taken on and the Williams creature has a big handicap in him on his current mark.

Thought that might be the case> Lotta burned fingers and I feel sorry for those who backed him but not as sorry I am for not laying him LOL

Shalimar Fromentro down to 8/1. Should've backed him at 16s. Clearly he's fancied. Still got faith in Wymott to win something like this sooner rather than later, too.

Hold On Julio comfirmed as a non-runner today by Alan King due to a dirty scope.

Betting for the race now stands as so (in betting order, best prices available at this time):

5. Shakalakaboomboom 7-1F
4. Wayward Prince 8-1
8. Galaxy Rock 8-1
11. Qianshan Leader 8-1
2. Calgary Bay 9-1
3. Aiteenthirtythree 9-1
13. Shalimar Fromentro 9-1
7. Cape Tribulation 12-1
1. I'msingingtheblues 16-1
9. Wymott 18-1
10. Fruity O'Rooney 20-1
15. Riguez Dancer 28-1
14. Nikola 33-1
16. Osric 33-1
17. Carrickmines 40-1
12. Merigo 66-1

Very well backed horses over the past 24 hours have got to be Wayward Prince and Shalimar Fromentro.

Can't quite understand why they're running I'msingingtheblues again just a week after a hard race at Ascot thogh?

Wayward Prince all the way!! Ground a lot better than LTO at Wetherby,stable remain in form even though record here isn't great (WP is their only winner here in last 31 tries). I have seen worse outsiders than Osric too,big price for a top stable even if they do have the fav.

Imsingingtheblues for me

Won the race a couple of years ago of a 5lb lower mark and it's only his 34th race of the season so plently of room for improvement...

Just realised James Reveley takes the ride aboard Shalimar Fromentro. I assumed he'd be riding Diamond Harry. To pass on riding the stable star in the Argento to ride this, they must be expecting a big run.

I've gone in again.

Last edited:
I wouldn't read it like that think he's got 4 rides for his father up there and not sure the DH owners wanted him on board...

Unlike Tanlic, I reckon BG goes to Donny mainly too ride Shakalakaboomboom and, thought to have been a little rusty fto and liable to improve again, 8/1 is just too big.

I was semi hard-on a few entries but they've not been entered so I can only come to the conclusion that Wymott has been plotted up for this and will bounce back to form, showing the sparkle he always showed as a novice. The cream always rises to the top as they say, or should do at least.

As you can tell I havn't really got a logical clue so feel free to chuck your early thoughts in on here...

Lost me when you said you were "semi hard-on":whistle::whistle:

Fantastic run by Fruity! Hope everyone got on e/w - Jamie finishing minus stirrups will be the big laugh with his owners' group, Heart of the South.

Put a smile on my face, only wish I had had more on, might have saved what was otherwise a very bad day. Great run though what a tough horse.

Back