Snowy Morning

Ardross, I know this is academic now but you mentioned earlier Walsh would have the choice of Glencove over Noland.

What is the position with Walsh and Nicholls. Is Walsh always able to give Mullins first refusal?

Doesn't look like it .

Ruby has chosen to ride KS in the GC and Sam T therefore rides Denman on Saturday

Note that Nicholls is quoted as saying

"However, should anything happen to Kauto Star, God forbid, between now and Gold Cup day, Ruby, as my stable jockey, would switch to Denman."

I thought it was well known that the situation of a clash between Nicholls and Mullins for Ruby only comes when both stables have horses with an similar chance in the race. Denman was ridden by Ruby when favourite for the Sun Alliance Chase last year, and I'm sure Willie Mullins wouldnt stand in the way of Ruby riding Denman (9/4) or Kauto Star (5/4) again, even if Snowy Morning (40/1) was taking part.

Would be interesting to see who Ruby rides if Snowy Morning and Turko run in the Hennessey.

and I'm sure Willie Mullins wouldnt stand in the way of Ruby riding Denman (9/4) or Kauto Star (5/4) again, even if Snowy Morning (40/1) was taking part.

:laughing: I think Ruby woiuld go mental if he tried to.

Not Mullins could anyway

I think while it would make good press if there was a arguement. So far, all three (Nicholls, Mullins, and Walsh) have been most civil in the arrangement. And I'm pretty sure that neither trainer would stand in Ruby's way if Ted Walsh had a more fancied horse in the race.

You've got it there Garney - not only would it make "good press" but it's also gossip fodder for those on internet forums who are intent on constantly seeing and peddling conspiracies where there are none and banging on about them even after it's pointed out to them that it's crap.

It's similar to the guff that has been spouted that Denman won't run in the GC in some kind of sporting gesture so Clive Smith can pocket another £1mill. Wtf?!?! :laughing:

Originally posted by Garney@Feb 5 2008, 08:52 AM
I thought it was well known that the situation of a clash between Nicholls and Mullins for Ruby only comes when both stables have horses with an similar chance in the race. Denman was ridden by Ruby when favourite for the Sun Alliance Chase last year, and I'm sure Willie Mullins wouldnt stand in the way of Ruby riding Denman (9/4) or Kauto Star (5/4) again, even if Snowy Morning (40/1) was taking part.

Would be interesting to see who Ruby rides if Snowy Morning and Turko run in the Hennessey.
I thought the interesting point was the fact that the words " stable jockey " were used in the quote.

Yeah, I think that was merely to remind his stable's second jockey, Sam Thomas, that he wouldnt be riding Denman, should something unforeseen happen Kauto Star.

Getting back to Snowy Morning, connections must be seriously tempted to let him loose at Aintree this year, even in spite of his lack of experience. 10st 12 looks quite generous.

Originally posted by Ardross+Feb 5 2008, 08:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ardross @ Feb 5 2008, 08:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Garney@Feb 5 2008, 08:52 AM

I thought the interesting point was the fact that the words " stable jockey " were used in the quote. [/b][/quote]
A far more accurate and realistic description from Paul Nicholls comes in todays Racing Post. It is clear from this that Ruby is not the stable jockey or has no retainer.

“It’ll be a dilemma for Ruby” said Nicholls. “We have a gentleman’s agreement and I usually have the call in England but he’ll have to decide what he wants to do. If he goes for Snowy Morning I’d be quite happy for Sam to ride Mr Pointment.”

Back