Sporting Life Website "Upgrade"

Yes, me too. My membership expires at the end of April and I've told them if the site doesn't improve drastically by then I won't be renewing. They don't seem to be listening to the feedback they've been asking for.

What they really need to do is launch some kind of whingebin for customers just to unload all their grief about the new site and act on it without taking offence at it. We punters know a lot more what we want than some teenage techie anorak who doesn't understand substance.

Phoned RP a month ago, when they pretty much admitted the new site was set up to catch the mobile phone market (as Digger indicated a while ago), and look hell-bent on pursuing that route with scant regard for those preferring the original version.
Eventually offered me 3 months' 1/2 price embership, but its a pig's ear of a site and doubt I'll continue for much longer.
Ckueless as they are, they want to charge extra for all their useless add-ons and news that is freely available elsewhere, yet are too dim to recognise it's basics such as form and ratings that make the site worth persevering with, at all.

Last edited:
Phoned RP a month ago, when they pretty much admitted the new site was set up to catch the mobile phone market (as Digger indicated a while ago), and look hell-bent on pursuing that route with scant regard for those preferring the original version.
Eventually offered me 3 months' 1/2 price embership, but its a pig's ear of a site and doubt I'll continue for much longer.
Ckueless as they are, they want to charge extra for all their useless add-ons and news that is freely available elsewhere, yet are too dim to recognise it's basics such as form and ratings that make the site worth persevering with, at all.

I'm a professional web developer these days - it seems to me that someone who makes technical decisions had a game of buzzword bingo when deciding what technology to use when re-building the site and has completely lost the plot.

Data intensive enterprise applications and UX are what I specialize in and to be quite honest they have made a complete and utter balls of this and would nearly be safer starting again from scratch.

It's all well and good getting the look and feel of the site correct so it is properly responsive on mobile devices - but they have forgotten the golden rule - content is king. It doesn't matter if your site looks lovely and has all these bells and whistles - if you don't provide easy, user friendly access to the content then you have nothing. Your big prominent links to bookmakers will be worth sweet FA if no one actually visits your site to click on them.

Couldn't find where else to post this. Somebody somewhere mentioned that the Oddschecker app is shite, and I totally agree.

However today I downloaded 'Oddschecker Data' and it's a colossal improvement. Not sure if it's new but it is well worth having. It makes me wonder if the other one was a fraud because it was so utterly useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back