St Nicholas Abbey

On paper Cashelgar would be the best of the other entries in the Navan race.

I see Don Carlos entered at Navan too, that is his first entry since two disappointing runs in the spring.

What do we make of the decision to keep him racing - many assumed he would be packed off to stud.

Really looking forward to seeing him on Sunday - might pop over.

Will this be the first year that they don't retire a 3 year old to stud? I assume Cape Blanco will stay in training as RVW will go to stud. Jan Vermeer and St. Nicholas Abbey are to stay in training. Await The Dawn and Joshua Tree are other possibles. Possibly Steinbeck also, as a four year old miler, but they have Canford Cliffs, albeit not in the Coolmore colours. With Flying Cross sold, will Midas Touch be their Cup horse for next year?

I dont see the point in retiring him - he won't make a stallion and they clearly had faith in him to keep him going up until now. They brought Yeats back from a set back in his early 3 year old career.

As a private company Coolmore doesn't have to publish it's accounts.

Irish company accounts are still available if you so wish, you can buy them, same as in the UK, where you can buy them from Companies House. I'd imagine Coolmore as being registered somewhere like Switzerland, like some of John Magnier's other interests, and have no idea about the situation regards purchasing accounts is over there, but I imagine they're quite hard to find.

Back