Summer Championships

I actually quite like the 6/1 for Cesare.

Why is Astronomer Royal not priced up for the Golden Jubillee?

Would you have expected him to be though, bearing in mind the distance is at least 2 furlongs short of his optimum?

Is Soldier of Fortune still 10/1 for the King George? Great bet. Question though is if Ballydoyle had a crack 3 year old from the Derby, would they run him or SoF?

If Ballydoyle have a crack three year old he won't be turning up for the King George. When was the last genuinely top class 3 year old colt they ran in it?

Soldier Of Fortune looks ideal for the race assuming all goes well with him.

Looked at the race again and I suppose Ask did it well enough but I would have liked to have seen more "brilliance" from a colt many reckon is up to the very best.

Originally posted by Galileo@Apr 25 2008, 06:42 PM
When was the last genuinely top class 3 year old colt they ran in it?
I doubt that was a serious question. Galileo being the obvious answer. I much rather the question name me there last top class three year old that did not run in it who excelled over 1m 4f?

Originally posted by Gearoid+Apr 26 2008, 02:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gearoid @ Apr 26 2008, 02:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Apr 25 2008, 06:42 PM
When was the last genuinely top class 3 year old colt they ran in it?
I doubt that was a serious question. Galileo being the obvious answer. [/b][/quote]
A turning point perhaps?

I can't think that summer fast ground will suit Soldier of Fortune ideally anyway.

Getaway was predictably cut for the big summer/autumn races after todays romp. 5/1 for the King George and 7/1 for the Arc.

Any more thoughts guys? Some of us are giving some time to possible TTF entries :suspect:

I had a read down the list and my mind sort of pulverised!

Cesare 10/3
Haradasun 5/1
Creachadoir 11/2
Phoenix Tower 11/2
Tariq 11/2
Arabian Gleam 14/1
Majestic Roi 14/1
Astronomer Royal 16/1
Finsceal Beo 16/1
Mount Nelson 16/1
Rob Roy 16/1
Medicine Path 20/1
Al Qasi 25/1
Blue Ksar 40/1
Barshiba 50/1

Favourite is surely vunerable?

Did I read the other day that Septimus may not challange for the Gold Cup ? rings a belkl from some site or another....Yeats is a bit short Ante Post at 5/2 as well...no value at all but must be the pick horse I guess....just need a nice one for the forecast now

All the money this week has been for Haradasun and Phoenix Tower. Significant money for either TDK or are the bookies playing it safe?

Spanish Sun won well at Ascot last weekend, having been plum last turning in. Given a mile and a half and a good gallop, he could be decent. Could just prove best over further though.

Originally posted by Gearoid@Apr 22 2008, 04:57 PM
Why is Astronomer Royal not priced up for the Golden Jubillee?
God I do talk a good game at times

Not a bob on today. Went to an independant on my break from work to have a pony ew and would not take 9/1 when Ladbrokes were 10/1.

Back