Catch Me
Aitmatov
Convincing
Hardy Eustace
Kazal
Muirhead
Sweet Kiln

Some day in prospect!

Only slight dissapointments would be the absence of Zaarito in the Royal Bond (presumably they've just run out of time to get a maiden hurdle into him?) and the absence of a Nicholls prospect in the Drinmore.

Anyone have a go at pricing them up?

EDIT - Hattons Grace - Paddy Power - Coral prices in that order - Drinmore Chase Coral only.

Hattons Grace Hurdle

9/4 - 11/4 Hardy Eustace
5/2 - 13/8 Catch Me
7/2 - 9/2 Kazal
7/1 - 7/1 Aitmatov
7/1 - 10/1 Brave Inca
10/1 - 9/1 Muirhead
14/1 - 14/1 Sweet Kikn
66/1 - 100/1 Convincing

Drinmore Novice Chase

9/4 Aran Concerto
11/4 Tranquil Sea
4/1 Forpadydeplasterer
9/2 Trafford Lad
9/1 Northern Aliance
14/1 Rare Bob
20/1 Golden Silver
25/1 Casey Jones
66/1 Ballyholland

Last edited:
Bit strange that Coral have priced the race up without Fordaydeplasterer, especially given that Tom Cooper today issued a positive bulletin stating the horse will definitely line up.

I would be surprised if Northern Alliance turned up.

I suspect Willie Mullins will most likely be responsible for the favourite of the Royal Bond, whichever of the two he chooses to run.

Courtesy of the Racing Post:

COUSIN VINNY, who created history last April when adding to his Cheltenham bumper success in the Punchestown equivalent, is among the eight entries remaining for the Royal Bond Novice Hurdle.

The Willie Mullins-trained five-year-old is joined by his stable companion Hurricane Fly, who was confirmed an intended runner on Tuesday for the Grade 1 2m event.

"Hurricane Fly is working well enough and the plan is to run him in Fairyhouse on Sunday," said Mullins. "He's all set to run but I'm not sure about Cousin Vinny as he's also entered in a maiden hurdle there on Saturday, so we'll wait and see until closer to the time - I'm in no rush with him as it's still early in the season."

Hurricane Fly, a Listed winner in France as a three-year-old, won first time out over hurdles for Mullins in good style at Punchestown in May before winning again three weeks later on his return to France. His most recent run saw him finish a creditable second in the Grade 1 Prix Alain du Breil in testing ground at Autueil in June.

Noel Meade, who has won the Royal Bond in three of the last four years, is also double-handed with the unbeaten Donnas Palm, a runaway winner at Naas over hurdles after winning his Navan bumper, and dual-winning hurdler Fisher Bridge, runner-up to Academy Sir Harry in a Grade 3 event at Navan last time.

"I'd say at this stage that Donnas Palm will probably run but Fisher Bridge is a definite runner," said Meade.

"Similar to our others engaged in the Grade 1s, including Aran Concerto in the Drinmore, we'll waitand see how things are with them all later in the week before making our minds up fully."

I read a stable tour with Noel Meade about Muirhead. I think it said the horse has taken a while to come into himself this year but he may be the forgotten horse. You could make a case for him through a line with Whatuthink in the Royal Bond last year.

Last edited:
Not sure just how reliable that form line is though, Gearoid, given all of Whatuthink's best form is over further.

Hatton's Grace looks an absolute nightmare to me tbh.

Certainly is, Gearoid. Be interesting to see what Carberry chooses.

10/1 about Brave Inca looks a fair price given the relatively bullish noises coming from Cantoris (though he will come on for the run I'm sure). Will be interesting to see what goes off favourite. I would be inclined to guess Catch Me personally, but it's very hard for me to get any sort of grip on the Morgiana form tbh.

Do you mean the Lismullen hurdle? I always thought this race does not suit Brave Inca but he has always run a fair race. I can see Catch Me going off a well backed fav and Hardy Eustace drifting.

I'd be tempted to play Inca in the place market at those prices. In his hay day I wouldn't have been worried about any of them except Hardy (in his hay day). The problem is how much he will need the run on his first outing back. He is fit and wasn't blowing at all after his gallop last week (I walked him round when he was cooling off and not a breath out of him). They went a good clip in it too. I don't know....maybe he'll make a fool of me and pull himself up (out of merriment I hope rather than injury!). Can't wait to have him back.

Catch Me wins if the real Catch Me turns up. But he can be an in/out performer and think at the prices Aitmatov is the value.

Will be cheers on Brave Inca.

Some day in prospect!

Only slight dissapointments would be the absence of Zaarito in the Royal Bond (presumably they've just run out of time to get a maiden hurdle into him?) and the absence of a Nicholls prospect in the Drinmore.

Murphy on Zaarito

He was entered for the Royal Bond but has been held up with a few little problems. He's okay now and will start off soon over hurdles in a maiden,'

Paddy Power - Coral Prices

Drinmore Novice Chase

11/8 - 9/4 Aran Concerto
11/4 -11/4 Tranquil Sea
6/1 - 4/1 Forpadydeplasterer
5/1 - 9/2 Trafford Lad
10/1 - 9/1 Northern Aliance
20/1 - 14/1 Rare Bob
20/1 -20/1 Golden Silver
16/1 - 25/1 Casey Jones
50/1 - 66/1 Ballyholland

Paddy Power - Coral Prices

Drinmore Novice Chase

11/8 - 9/4 Aran Concerto
11/4 -11/4 Tranquil Sea
6/1 - 4/1 Forpadydeplasterer
5/1 - 9/2 Trafford Lad
10/1 - 9/1 Northern Aliance
20/1 - 14/1 Rare Bob
20/1 -20/1 Golden Silver
16/1 - 25/1 Casey Jones
50/1 - 66/1 Ballyholland

Really torn between Aran Concerto and Tranquil Sea.

I agree he was very impressive but should Forpadydeplasterer be double the price?

Last edited:
I was in Colm's when Zaarito and Inca were on easy list a few weeks before Morgiana. A few niggles with him but it doesnt take him long to get ready and its a long way to March and it could be a maiden hurdle, a novice, Deloitte and Cheltenham with him. They love him down there.

Do you mean the Lismullen hurdle? I always thought this race does not suit Brave Inca but he has always run a fair race. I can see Catch Me going off a well backed fav and Hardy Eustace drifting.

No, I mean what Hardy Eustace actually achieved in the Morgiana. I would tend to agree with you though- I can see plenty of money coming for Catch Me.

I'll probably oppose Aran Concerto if he goes shorter than 2's.

Ground would have to be a worry for Forpadydeplasterer.

Bar One Racing Prices

Royal Bond Novice Hurdle

9/4 Hurricane Fly
9/4 Fisher Bridge
4/1 Donnas Palm
5/1 Vital Plot
8/1 Healys Bar
14/1 Tramp Stamp
501 Aura About You
DBT Cousin Vinny

Bar One Racing are laying 7/2 Aron Concerto.

ROI: 1800 624 524
UK: 08000 390066

Please don't all call together and please don't ask for more than a pony....

Last edited:
Back