Ballyholland
Casey Jones
Forpadydeplasterer
Golden Silver (FR)
Northern Alliance
Rare Bob
Trafford Lad (GB)
Tranquil Sea

It might not be the greatest signal either of Cousin Vinnie or Hurricane Fly's chances that both are turning up in this. While they could be good enough to win here anyway I would expect there will be alot of improvement in both as the season goes on.

Assuming nothing is seriously wrong with the horse, I am delighted that they are giving Aran Concerto more time between his comeback.

Maybe you're right, but this was an obvious early season target which you would have imagined was in mind when chosing which beginners chase to run in. It doesn't fill you with optimism when plans go askew. Admittedly, I don't recall Meade ever saying this was the plan.

bar one racing royal bond novice hurdle
1 cousin vinny2
2 fisher bridge9-2
3 donnas palm6
4 healys bar20
5 hurricane fly11-4
6 vital plot12
7 aura about you50
8 tramp stamp14

bar one racing drinmore novice chase
1 ballyholland66
2 casey jones25
3 forpadydeplasterer10-3
4 golden silver20
5 northern alliance7
6 rare bob25
7 trafford lad3
8 tranquil sea6-4

bar one racing hatton's grace hurdle
1 aitmatov9
2 brave inca12
3 catch me2
4 convincing100
5 hardy eustace3
6 kazal4
7 muirhead10
8 sweet kiln16

Last edited:
From Irish-racing.com

'We decided not to run him. We just weren't 100% happy with him this morning. It's nothing to do with his old injury that seems all right,' said trainer Noel Meade.
'We were always worried that three weeks wasn't really long enough from his first run after he was off for so long. We decided rather than take a chance we'd just wait and give him a little more time.
'We'll just see how he gets on. He's only won the one race over fences, so we'll go for a winners' race or something like that.'

Where does it say that PW is riding CV? Is this permanent or just a holding arrangement until Ruby comes back?

Ground won't be ideal, but Northern Alliance looks a sound enough E/W option in the Drinmore at 7's to me.

I'm a fan of Trafford Lad but don't think he'll really come into his own until he is stepped up to three miles plus. Ground certainly won't be ideal for Forpadydeplasterer either, and I'll probably do a Tranquil Sea/Northern Alliance forecast as well.

Quite like Rare Bob e/w in the Drinmore, beat trafford lad on his debut over fences (reversed by stewards) and is now 5 times the price of that one...step up to 2m4 should suit aswell

Willie Mullins on ATR. said he would favour Hurricane Fly over CV and also that he reckons Golden Silver has alot more experience than others in the nov chase field

Back