Supreme Novices Hurdle

It shouldn't be forgotten that Al Ferof was in the paddock, and subsequently won the first (only) race to take place, on that awful day at Newbury when Marching Song and Fenix Two died. It could all have been very different, and good that something positive has come out of that race.

Fantastic ride by Ruby. No-one rides Cheltenham better.

From the stands it looked like Cue Card was too keen and he and sprinter sacre having shown the best speed both were outstayed.

From the stands it looked like Cue Card was too keen and he and sprinter sacre having shown the best speed both were outstayed.

From TV pics it seemed he didn't jump, didn't settle, didn't stay,didn't battle and most seriously of all didn't fucking win!!:( I wouldn't mind but was against him all year until the smell of Eau De 3/1 seduced me. Got out of a large position on Peddlers with the ew, place and HF saver but Cue Card screwed my day and probably week when I had absolutely no business backing him...

Fwiw (and I had a little on Al Ferof), I think Spirit Son was or will be the best hurdler in the race, and ran as green as you liked (watch him run around when hit on the run in). I think he will win the Champion Hurdle next year.

I think it was an error to not run Cue Card again after the Bula . He needed more experience . Novice hurdlers are not Best Mate tuning up for a third GC.

I think it was an error to not run Cue Card again after the Bula . He needed more experience . Novice hurdlers are not Best Mate tuning up for a third GC.

Absolutely spot on - where do they go now?? Not absolutely convinced about his head carriage or scope for fences and still runs very very greenly.

Fwiw (and I had a little on Al Ferof), I think Spirit Son was or will be the best hurdler in the race, and ran as green as you liked (watch him run around when hit on the run in). I think he will win the Champion Hurdle next year.

That's a monstrous call after what we witnessed from HF today. Who's gonna start the 2012 CH Thread......

Back