Supreme Novices Hurdle

Dave Nevision completely put me off him saying he was a mudlark but the market is very positive. It could be just Powers hedging into Betfair. I'd imagine their liability on him is massive.

Interesting, because I remember you posted that yet in RUKs preview today he was neutral about the horse I thought. Surely he doesn't change his opinions that often?

Just cant see past Cue Card whichever way I look at it. Has the form in the book and most importantly in the book on the ground he will face tomorrow where some of these others have it on much worse going and to a lesser level. Hearing people saying about it going to an improver as well CC may be open to more improvement as well he has only had 3 runs over hurdles and is only 5. I'm up to my eyeballs as it is with him but will be going in again harder tomorrow. I will save slightly on Zaidpour as have a feeling he may have been laid out a little for this for a bigger price as mad as it sounds. Come 1.45pm tomorrow I will be dancing or crying!

Join the club Kauto-if its true and he will be 3/1 in the morning I will be going in again.I'm balls deep into him and he also figures in a lot of my multiples.i'll be very happy with 3/1 or even 11/4 if I can get it.lets hope it's :) at 1.45

Win or lose anyone going huge on a 5/2 shot in the first race of Cheltenham would want their head tested. It is a long way back for a 5/2 winner.

Interesting, because I remember you posted that yet in RUKs preview today he was neutral about the horse I thought. Surely he doesn't change his opinions that often?

He does! I like reading his column.

Ive backed him at all rates down but why is it mad just because it is the first race of cheltenham? As far as I am concerned it wouldn't matter what race it is he is a massive bet for me whichever way I look at it and I'd rather take the 5/2 about a horse I am 100% confident with than backing something else later on in the week at a bigger price just because its Cheltenham. I guess this is my day job steering me a little.

i was just thinking - can anyone remember a schweppes/gold trophy winner running in this before

theres probably lots but i'm buggered if i can think of one

i was just thinking - can anyone remember a schweppes/gold trophy winner running in this before

theres probably lots but i'm buggered if i can think of one
I don't know if you're taking the piss EC1, but is your memory that bad...think back 12 months

BTW - Cue Card is the bet of the meeting at 5/2 & just a shame I have no chance of getting any of the 3/1...

Cue Card ought to win ... but somehow I cannot see it . I just fear Joe T is going to make a horlicks of it - hope not.

:lol:

the point i'm trying to make is that Get me out of here won the TGT off 10-6 and near on beat Menorah in this

Recession Proof carried more at newbury

the thing is..the TGT is a tough race and you have be a pretty smart animal to win it..it used to be that it could point to CH winners or horses that would run well in the CH

I think Recession Proof has a really good chance after looking really hard at this race tonight

i'm not seeing the Cue Card thing at all..I think RP is a better type for this..particularly using the Get Me Out Of here line of thinking..ie that horse just beat by Menorah..CC easily beaten by Menorah..RP could potentially be a better horse than GMOOH..so potentially better than Menorah

see my train of thought? ;)

:lol:

the point i'm trying to make is that Get me out of here won the TGT off 10-6 and near on beat Menorah in this

Recession Proof carried more at newbury

the thing is..the TGT is a tough race and you have be a pretty smart animal to win it..it used to be that it could point to CH winners or horses that would run well in the CH

I think Recession Proof has a really good chance after looking really hard at this race tonight

i'm not seeing the Cue Card thing at all..I think RP is a better type for this..particularly using the Get Me Out Of here line of thinking..ie that horse just beat by Menorah..CC easily beaten by Menorah..RP could potentially be a better horse than GMOOH..so potentially better than Menorah

see my train of thought? ;)

Any news on who rides Recession Proof ?

Rated 130 something - piss poor TGT after they hijacked the prizemoney - was looking at him very strongly today but couldn't back him at single figures!

GMOOH was only rated 135 when it won..still nearly won this

the thing is..schweppes is a tough old race to win..tells you how tough a horse he is..this is only a novice event..a bit sissy at side of the shweppes:)

i'm on anyway..you Cue Card guys gets some fresh trousers ready for about 1:35pm ;)

GMOOH won very easily though after showing a very smart turn of foot despite his mistake at the last . Recession Proof was all out to scrape home from Bothy.

Not saying he is not an admirable horse and a good ew bet but the form from last year looks better to me.

Cue Card and Zaidpour against the field for me. I've backed Zaidpour to win slightly more but i've not gone in heavy. Cue Card has all the credentials but on watching his races back again i'm not as convinced by his jumping as I was. That said, I can't leave him unbacked. Zaidpour will I think prove much better on this ground than the bog he's run in the last twice and I think is over priced considering he won a grade 1 unextended on better ground earlier in the season.

I'm backing Dunraven Storm, well beaten 8L by Cue Card over c/d..Beat Recession Proof by 4L in October. At nearly 10 times Cue Cards price.....worth a poke:lol:

Last edited:
I don't remember there being a mention for Magen's Star.

I appreciate she has only run against other mares but she has won her two races very easily, the latest, at Clonmel in early February, looked a decent event and she does get the allowance.

What sort of record do mares have in the Supreme?

Back