Supreme Novices Hurdle

Absurdistan

At the Start
Paddy Power are doing NRNB and money back if 2nd, 3rd or 4th to the winner incl win part of e/w bets. Limit £50.

So who has the best chance of winning/at least returning my £50 if 2nd,3rd or 4th.

Are Valtour and Irving sure things, and which would you pick as the winner?

Thanks in advance Abs

I'm doing The Liquidator, €50 at 18/1 with that bet. Fourth in a champion bumper and won a graded race on the bridle round there. Last run a concern but I think they found an issue with him afterwards. Has to be bang there.

i backed irving on saturday with pp after the dovecote. shame they can't backdate the offer a few days. :(

really would be hard to see vautour or irving out of the front 4. tremendous offer.

Vautour has to be the safest jumps best and proved against Western Boy he can get the head down and battle.

While Irving is all class, his jumping looked very poor which has to be a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a fantastic offer but these lads know what there doing, it's a wide open supreme and although my main 2 are Irving 12-1 and vatour 12-1 any result is possible.. A lot of these horses have only ever ran on soft winter ground and these novices improve all the time.. Not a race to go balls deep IMO

The offer is max 50 and I won't be doing anymore than that, it's an interesting race the supreme but not one I take a big betting position on normally

We need a rock solid group of four to make this Paddypower offer pay.

I think Vautour is one to avoid. I would avoid Irving at the prices but will now include. Will do Josses Hill and Wicklow Brave, plus Vaniteux if a confirmed runner (all ew)

Last edited:
Do you think Ruby's relationship to Rich Ricci makes a difference when choosing horses, the tight calls he seems to go for his horses. Ruby is no mug and even underhanded at times and may have an eye on his career as a trainer and may want to keep him onside.

Then again Ruby rarely gets it wrong so forget what I said and back Vautour!

I wouldn't be shocked if Wicklow Brave went off the shorter of the two...

Can't see it myself. Vautour drift is/was on the back of Irving pulling the money in after the Dovecote, rather than concerns about what he (Vautour) has achieved. IMHO.

Can't see it myself. Vautour drift is/was on the back of Irving pulling the money in after the Dovecote, rather than concerns about what he (Vautour) has achieved. IMHO.
might be true but it was definitely strange how they went joint favs and stayed that way for a few days before vautour suddenly went out a couple of points. he even drifted to 20+ on betfair at one point.

probably something & nothing. i'm on irving but the value has pretty much gone from his price now. vautour's odds combined with the powers offer is a pretty rock solid bet really.

The play here is get as many niftys on Vatour as is possible in the next two weeks.....and just pray to sweet Jesus he doesn't fall or that Slim recognises your handwriting :ninja:

Back