Sweet On..

Guest_

At the Start
Tidal Bay. Wish I backed him straight after his Cheltenham win but still a very fair price imo not just to go close but to win it. Big Bucks is a tremendous horse but I think there is every chance Tidal Bay is his equal and at 8/1 I think he respresents really good value.

Loves the track, goes on any ground (but should relish drying conditions) and the return to hurdles is likely to sweeten him up a bit too. I see very few negatives.

Anyone else have one they are particularly sweet on for Cheltenham?

Long Run - been sweet on him since his Chasing debut and I've not seen anything since then to make me change my mind on him.

Morning Supreme - think now that she's learnt to settle she'll be a proper racehorse, she ran very very free in last years Champion Bumper yet still managed to finish fifth (in front of good horses such as Shinrock Paddy and Pepe Simo). Not sure if she has a Cheltenham target but she's entered in a few races and I think she's a decent each-way bet wherever she runs.

I just don't get the Tidal Bay hype. That form last time is 20lbs below Big Buck's. That's about 30 lengths. I cannot countenance TB winning and I can see it struggling to get near the frame.

Tranquil Sea has the identikit profile of a RyanAir winner...............should be clear favourite.

I agree Galileo - I think 8/1 is massive. Big Bucks didn't impress me last time out at all, and I've long been a fan of Tidal Bay - I would back him right down to 5/1.

Also agree about Long Run - an absolute monster. If Swc stays on, I see him winning very impressively.

Also agree (need to stop this) about Tranquil Sea. He looked all class on Sunday, has course and distance form, has the beating of Poquelin and should have the speed to pull away coming up the hill.

Tranquil Sea has the identikit profile of a RyanAir winner...............should be clear favourite.

I thought he would be 5/2 or 3/1 after Sunday. I don't understand this market but am sure it will correct itself closer to the day.

Tidal Bay. Wish I backed him straight after his Cheltenham win but still a very fair price imo not just to go close but to win it. Big Bucks is a tremendous horse but I think there is every chance Tidal Bay is his equal and at 8/1 I think he respresents really good value.

Loves the track, goes on any ground (but should relish drying conditions) and the return to hurdles is likely to sweeten him up a bit too. I see very few negatives.

Agree too that Tidal Bay is great value at 8's..would be a hugely popular winner.

Am sweet on and have backed Go Native/Tranquil Sea ( nothing original sorry:o). I also have a few quid on Drumbaloo in the bumper at 20's/18's

Captain Cee-Bee. I will have a right cut at him and think his fall at leopardstown and last fence mistake at Naas were due to jockey error. With McCoy on board I can see him doing the biz.

Outsider......Loch Long. I was reading a piece about Thistle Farms in the Irish Field last week and this fella smells of a plot to me. Waiting for better ground. Does he get into the Fred Winter?? Not sure as he hasn't won over hurdles.

I agree with the Tranquil Sea, Sizing Europe and Long Run selections, they are all still trading at value for money prices this close to the Festival.

But i'm gonna put up James De Vassy in the Coral Cup. I've taken 20s at Hills and although it looks a hella tough race he should go well. He was disappointing in the mud at Exeter last time out but that run came not long after his huge effort against top class opponents in the Greatwood. His form figures suggest he's a horse that runs well fresh.

Last edited:
Agree with everything you say about James de Vassy Euro.

His price could plummet after the Champion hurdle.

I just don't get the Tidal Bay hype. That form last time is 20lbs below Big Buck's. That's about 30 lengths. I cannot countenance TB winning and I can see it struggling to get near the frame.

Tidal Bay looks to me the only one with the raw ability to possibly get Big Bucks. Karabak and Sentry Duty may be better place prospects in that they should both run to a consistent high level but look to have only the slightest of chances against BB.

If BB is beaten (and I don't really expect him to be) then Tidal Bay looks the only credible alternative (course in his favour and great engine).

I know what you mean about Tidal Bay (see above).

The two I'm very sweet on are Riverside Theatre in the Arkle and Kalahari King in the Champion Chase - KK won't beat MM if he runs to his best form, but looks good for a place and just might win.

Denman of course has an irresistable chance and must be backed against the odds-on favourite.

Really fancy Captain Cee Bee in the Arkle, just think he is the classiest of the Irish horses, dont like much in England.

I think Long Run could potentially be anything, and have him as my RSA bet.

MasterMinded is a good thing in the Champion Chase, nothing will get near him. Ditto Kuato Star, the only one i see getting close to him is Cooldine, il be place laying Denman,especially when the ground comes up Good.

After that i havent too many strong opinions, Dunguib and Big Bucks look very solid but id have reservations about Big Bucks.Bellvano of Hendersons would be my bet without the fav in the Supreme. That will be the interesting race for me.

No ideas on the Champion Hurdle, my mind changes every day. Watching brief having had two ante posts to small money on medermit and starluck at nice prices.

Arkle is a minefield, imo, and I'm not convinced that any of the top 5-6 in the betting are all that far clear on form.

I think there could be something of a shock winner - hopefully Long Run. :lol:

Back