Sweet On..

Rite Of Passage,
I was very impressed with him on his first race and his second race is very difficult to rate, at the prices and with the form he has shown he is a clear race for me.

I'm sweet on Palypso De Creek in the Pertemps now the trainers stated thats where he goes. Reason to believe he'll be just as effective over hurdles and off 10 stone 25's looks like the rick of the festival.

Mind you my record of tipping here is about as good as my last shrink.

Hi Steve, interested by your bullishness with respect to Rite of Passage. Apologies if I missed this explanation before, but is there a particular run that you were taken with oir where's it coming from. Not disagreeing, but I'm just tempted to back Quel Esprit in that race, but he has a completely different profile to ROP I'd have thought...

Apologies for not replying sooner… only just seen this. While I wouldn’t want to put you off Quel Eprit – and Gal appears to be very keen on this one (which is a good sign) – there is something about RoP that I like very much. I’ve been very impressed with both his performances over timber and he brings strong flat form to the party (Nov Handicap was particularly impressive). I get the sense that we are only just beginning to see what he is capable of (although this is true of others also) and what he has already done pretty much sets the standard.

Last edited:
Salut Flo should he get into the Grand Annual is my idea of a cracking bet. He romped home at Doncaster last week and prior to that his former trainer had said he wanted to aim the horse at Sandown (presumably the Scilly Isles Novices) and at the Arkle. He lacks experience but will have no weight on his back should he get in and is improving with every run.

I was very taken with Salut Flo's win last week,he could be very good.

Garde Champetre surely should be a shorter price than he is.
Ghizao is a horse I like a lot and should go well at a price in the Neptune although whether he can beat Pedlers Cross or not I'd have my doubts.

Anyone else think Kalahari King (W/O) Master Minded is buying money at 2/1?
Surely more mileage in backing him each way, especially if you double him up with something like Sizing Australia (the X-Country is the weakest race at the meeting). You've got to take advantage of the bookies' concessions!

I see your point Rory, but what i've done is trebled KK (w/o MM) up with Somersby and Kauto Star, and Sizing Europe and Kauto Star. In the race on its own ew would be the natural play alright, on proper gorund, with any amount of improvement to come and still questions marks over MM, KK is an ew bet to nothing.......or at least it would appear so..

Back