Talking Horses Ante Post Competition 2015 /2016

Sorry, I don't access to photo editing tonight to make the revised images big enough to see but I'll get them done when I am home tomorrow. Basically the problem is that from Bonjers onwards everyone's name should be one line lower - and then your name is level with your total and the last horse in your list. In retrospect it wasn't the best way to go about making the tables!

Apologies again for the confusion

No problem NA. In fact it's some of the best editing I've seen as I have much better selections now. :D

Hopefully these make a bit more sense

Attachments

• janp4.JPG
    janp4.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 21
  • janp3.JPG
    janp3.JPG
    513.2 KB · Views: 31
  • janp2.JPG
    janp2.JPG
    531.8 KB · Views: 22
  • janp1.JPG
    janp1.JPG
    536.7 KB · Views: 24
  • memJan.JPG
    memJan.JPG
    555.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi NA.

My Vautour bet was definitely for the Gold Cup, rather than the Ryanair (as defined in your spreadsheet)......and I have about 3,000 posts on the Gold Cup thread to prove it! :lol:

6 of my 7 selections are wrong too.

NewApproach has discovered the issue is the formatting in her spreadsheet, temporarily if you consider your name as the bottom line and read upwards your selections will make sense, so in your case tiggers it's the four white rows including and above your name

Fecking eejits, if you ask me DG/NA......they are probably all backing against Vautour in the GC too....the muppets.

:ninja:

Last edited:
So, after consultation with DG and Grey, I'm pleased to announce the winner of the notional part of the competition as viking (shades of deja vu from last year!). The best portfolios all contained Thistlecrack so well done to all those who picked him out early doors.

The leaderboard is shown below and I'll get some (understandable) tables done over the next few days to show everyone their final portfolios.

Congratulations viking (and also well done to Grey and Tout Seul) :) :)

notionalPortfoli.JPG

Well done, viking. Second year in a row, what's more, so no fluke there.

Last edited:
Sorry they are so late but here are the final portfolios for everyone. Greyed out horses (and potential returns) mean that the horse is no longer running in that race (although there are some more that have been very recent such as Ma Filleule that are not greyed out). Blue shaded horses (and returns) mean that the bet has been discounted for the portfolio as there are more than one selection in the same race (or the same horse running in different races), if EW bets are placed in this case then one horse has been given the total for the place and the other the win. This has been done on the basis of me removing the horse with the least return and does not mean that if you have bet on both, for example, - Peace & Co and The New One in the Champion Hurdle and I have removed the returns for The New One that you won't get the winnings accredited if he wins - it is only to show total potential returns in your portfolio (and obviously they can't both win - well unless we have a dead heat!).

I hope these are understandable - they are in kind of alphabetical order and the orange shaded line shows the totals for the portfolio with your name at the top of that box.

Let me know if there are any problems

marport5.JPGmarport4.JPGmarport3.JPGmarport2.JPGmarport1.JPG

You have me down for £400w on Box Office in the Pertemps at 14s.

Selection was actually Desoto County in the County - same odds same stake.

You have me down for £400w on Box Office in the Pertemps at 14s.

Selection was actually Desoto County in the County - same odds same stake.

Yes, sorry, I noticed that when I was doing the notional calculations and changed it accordingly (it was a mix up with fonz's bet - so his will be wrong here too), but failed to fix this part of the spreadsheet - the worksheet that has all the calculations run on it is correct.

marport4.JPGmarport3.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks all
Thistlecrack obviously the main hope of an actual return in there
Many thanks to Grey, NA, and DG for fantasy organisation again
As last year I'm more than happy for the prize to be used to boost next year's fund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all
Thistlecrack obviously the main hope of an actual return in there
Many thanks to Grey, NA, and DG for fantasy organisation again
As last year I'm more than happy for the prize to be used to boost next year's fund

Cheers, viking :thumbsup:

Where in the rules in the opening post does it state you can only have one selection in each race? I must have missed this. I've looked again but still don't see it. Not to worry if its there, I'll know for next year.

Where in the rules in the opening post does it state you can only have one selection in each race? I must have missed this. I've looked again but still don't see it. Not to worry if its there, I'll know for next year.

The rules don't stop you from having as many selections as you like in the same race if that's what you want, bob.

New Approach's tables are showing two things: first, the live bets remaining in each portfolio and, second, how much that portfolio might win assuming an optimal set of results. If you have several selections in the same race only one of them can be the winner and the tables, which are only for information purposes, reflect that.

Thanks, makes sense. I guess it's time for bed, and to stop reading about horses. 5 more sleeps.....

Sorry to be pedantic ..... My tent or yours 500 ew at 20's I showing as 2500 return

Sorry links, it is because you have both Peace & Co and My Tent or Yours in the Champion, as MTOY was EW I've calculated the returns as though he is placed and P&Co wins - you will still get the full £12500 if MTOY wins, the returns were based on maximum potential (which after thinking about it I suppose would be MTOY wins and disregard P&Co so I probably should have done that but as I said it is only for information and you will get the correct return whichever (if any) of them win).

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Back