Talking Horses Naps Competition 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
S

SlimChance

Can we get this made as a sticky thread please.

1. The Naps competition will be run from Monday November 7th until Wednesday December 29th.

2. All members and new members will be welcome to join.

3. Competitors must make two Nap selections per week.

a) One selection midweek (Monday to Friday) and one selection at the weekend (Saturday and Sunday).

b) Staking will be the following:
Midweek: Staking will be either 2pts win or 1pt e/w.
Weekend: Staking will be either 4pts win or 2pt e/w.

4. Naps will be settled at SP.

5. Great Britain and Irish racing only.

6. Competitors not posting a Nap will be deemed to have tipped a loser.

7. Selections can be made at anytime during the week. There will be no cut off for racing starting.

8. Any competitor who fails to post a Nap for 3 weeks in a row will be eliminated.

9. Entries will be allowed up until November 25th with a penalty of 6pts for every week missed.

10. On the last week (December 26th-29th) competitors will be required to select a Nap on all four days.

11. For the purposes of the competition December 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th will be designated as weekend days.

13. Selections can be made via the forum, twitter @gearoidvi and email gearoidn@gmail.com. All entries of the winner(s) not posted on the forum will be verified by an independent member. Any participant who wants proof of the winner(s) selections not posted on the forum will be welcome to request them from me.

14. Prizes will be as follows: 1st €300 2nd €50 Highest priced winner napped €50. In the event of a tie prizes will be equally divided.

15. The organisers will not condone the use of prize money for any acts of utilitarianism.

16. As OnTheBridle and myself are contributing the €400 prize fund between us we reserve the right to abuse participants for the duration of the competition

17. Please post your intention to enter below and Good Luck to all of you because you really are a clueless lot of guessers.

€400 is far too much prize money for a grubby little competition on a grubby little forum. If\when I win I'm going to buy McDonald's Happy Meals for orphans.

5/1 9/2 4/1 7/2 3/1 5/2 Irish Stamp
7/1 SteveT, Sheikh, Relkeel, Sunybay, Luke, Dave G
8/1EC1, Grassy, Trackside, Eoronomous, DavidJohnston, Arkwright, Grey,Miesque (from 20/1)
12/1 14/1 Slim Chance, Bar the Bull, Reet Hard, SteveM, Granger, Melendez, Simon, Desperate Dan, Icebreaker. Aragorn, Treflich
14/1 Placebacker,Pricewise,Roddy Owen, Loosehead, On The Bridle, Swedish Chef, Colin Phillips
18/1 Neo5, Qzy, Gareth Flynn, Soary Stars, TrujiJ :<3:
20/1 Krizon, JinnyJ,
25/1 Hamm, Cantoris,
1,000,000/1 Del Boy, Anyone All Naps winning.

Others on request:ninja:

Last edited:
€400 is far too much prize money for a grubby little competition on a grubby little forum. If\when I win I'm going to buy McDonald's Happy Meals for orphans.

Please read the rules that is not allowed. Anyway myself and OTB know the formbook inside out and we get more cards than Joey Barton. We are planning to win the competition and spend the €400 on a night out at Dundalk races during the Xmas parties snorting coke off loose womens tits.

People I will definitely beat.

Slim Chance will forget to post
Hamm will get in a sulk about a rule change.
Bar The Bull already had his annual winner on that cyclist he had wet dreams over.
Roddy - us Irish always get you in the end (at the end of the day as opposed to anything sexual)

5/1 Irish Stamp
7/1 SteveT, Sheikh.
8/1EC1, Grassy, Trackside, Eoronomous
12/1 Slim Chance, Bar the Bull, Reet Hard, SteveM, Granger, Melendez,
14/1 Placebacker,Pricewise,Roddy Owen, Loosehead, On The Bridle, Swedish Chef, Colin Phillips
20/1 Krizon, JinnyJ, Miesque
25/1 Hamm

Irish Stamp is the kind of clueless guesser I referred to in the rules. The last time we were both involved in a Naps competition I wiped the floor with him. The best judges on the forum for this kind of competition would be Relkeel, myself, OnTheBridle. Davidjohnson would have a serious chance if there is enough all weather garbage.

Please read the rules that is not allowed. Anyway myself and OTB know the formbook inside out and we get more cards than Joey Barton. We are planning to win the competition and spend the €400 on a night out at Dundalk races during the Xmas parties snorting coke off loose womens tits.

There is no conflict in the word "utilitarianism" and buying happy meals for orphans. I don't even like most orphans. My motives are not honourable.

Irish Stamp is the kind of clueless guesser I referred to in the rules. The last time we were both involved in a Naps competition I wiped the floor with him though it's a good job he put me onto a 100/1 winner on the final day or I'd have been screwed. The best judges on the forum for this kind of competition would be Relkeel, myself, OnTheBridle. Davidjohnson would have a serious chance if there is enough all weather garbage.

Edited for accuracy :)

People I will definitely beat.

Slim Chance will forget to post
Hamm will get in a sulk about a rule change.
Bar The Bull already had his annual winner on that cyclist he had wet dreams over.
Roddy - us Irish always get you in the end (at the end of the day as opposed to anything sexual)

Mel is certainly a judge of judges! I seem to remember him going well in other competitions too. A serious player for this too.

5/1 9/2 4/1 7/2 Irish Stamp
7/1 SteveT, Sheikh, Relkeel, Sunybay, Luke
8/1EC1, Grassy, Trackside, Eoronomous, DavidJohnston
12/1 14/1 Slim Chance, Bar the Bull, Reet Hard, SteveM, Granger, Melendez,
20/1 Krizon, JinnyJ, Miesque
25/1 Hamm

There only backing one horse!!

Irish Stamp is unfairly yet legitimately disadvantaged by not being allowed to predict winners of harness races in previously undiscovered French provinces. He won't win either.

There is no conflict in the word "utilitarianism" and buying happy meals for orphans. I don't even like most orphans. My motives are not honourable.

If you want to do anything honourable with the prizes than please dont whore it on the forum and expect any respect from me for doing so. Myself and OTB would encourage the winner of the overall prize to indulge themselves in some sadistic activity that this recession has deprived people of. Do some drugs, go on a bender, get a hooker, buy your other half a nurses outfit and handcuffs, buy a Dido CD, order a mail bride from Vietnam or at the very least put it on a low drawn good thing in a Dundalk handicap.

Ok, when I win I won't mention anything about the happy meals, but as McCririck might say, "YOU'LL KNOW, YOU'LL KNOW".

(In anticipation of victory, where can one reliably find a sizeable group of orphans these days? Do orphanages exist anymore?)

Last edited:
Back