Cheltenham
12.40 Apple's Shakira / Look My Way
1.15 Sizing Tennessee / Theatre Territory
1.50 Coo Star Sivola / Shantou Flyer
2.25 Tea For Two / Definitly Red
3.00 Mulcahys Hill / Santini
3.35 The Worlds End / Thomas Campbell

Good luck Tout Seul!

Great racing today. Been looking forward to this for ages, for me the best day’s racing outside the festival. Unfortunately a dose of man flu has prevented me from going. Feeling crap and really grumpy. Hard to be confident feeling like this especially against someone in such great form as Swedish Chef. Anyway here goes and good luck Swedish Chef!

Apples Shakira/Elixir de Nutz.
Sizing Tennessee/Ballyandy.
Shantou Flyer/Coo Star Sivola.
Bristol de Mai/Singlefarmpayment
Slate House/Black Op
Our Merlin

1255 Durbanville Res Copper West
130 Sceau royal Res Adrien Du Pont
205 Indian Hawk Res Enniscoffey Oscar
240 Irish Roe Res Maria Benefit
315 Wakanda Res L'ami Serge
350 Bigmarte Res Theo

Best of Luck to All

12:55 Durbanville
13:30 Sceau Royal
14:05 Calett Mad
14:40 Maria's Benefit
15:15 L'Ami Serge
15:50 Forest Bihan

GL

Great racing today. Been looking forward to this for ages, for me the best day’s racing outside the festival. Unfortunately a dose of man flu has prevented me from going. Feeling crap and really grumpy. Hard to be confident feeling like this especially against someone in such great form as Swedish Chef. Anyway here goes and good luck Swedish Chef!

Apples Shakira/Elixir de Nutz.
Sizing Tennessee/Ballyandy.
Shantou Flyer/Coo Star Sivola.
Bristol de Mai/Singlefarmpayment
Slate House/Black Op
Our Merlin

Hope you get well soon TS - but I would hate to win by default - your sixth selection runs in the 7th race and has no chance of scoring points. You need to pick a selection for the 6th race before the first race starts. All the best.

All square in both matches after 2 races - I'll post the table after the third which may make a difference as everyone has different picks.

After the final race

sat274.JPG

Well done Tout Seul and Therightroad

Therightroad gained the most points so can choose the meeting on Saturday (Musselburgh, Sandown, Wetherby, Leopardstown), Sunday's races come from Musselburgh, Taunton and Leopardstown.

nicely done Therightroad, its been fun going into the last race. Best of luck in the last round.

Thanks NewApproach for organizing this!

Thanks Aughex, had a few right battles today ..marias benefit-irish roe...wakanda-lami serge...bigmartre-forest bihan.

New Approach i was under the impression next weeks 2 day final was Leopardstown anyways which ill be selecting assuming its on , thanks for all your work!

Therightroad, I think you right - just had a look at DG's initial rules. All the thanks should go to DG for organising - I've only filled in by scoring on the days.

Tough luck, Swedish Chef.
I go through on a day that one of your tips - on the long shots thread at 33/1- underpinned several ew multiples that rescued me on a day of seconditis. All the best with your runner today!

Good Luck Therightroad!
You are clearly well named getting this far however I'm hoping I can keep on lucking it as Edgt has put up a decent prize and it would be nice to have some bragging rights.
Anyway here's the first of my efforts:

1.10 Carter McKay/Dortmund Park
1.45 Min/ Yorkhill
2.20 Footpad/Petit Mouchoir.
2.55 Tully East/ Squoateur
3.30 Faugheen/Defi Du Seuil
4.05 Indian Monsoon/Mind's Eye

110 Dortmund Park Res Jetz
145 Min Res Special Tiara
220 Footpad res Petit Mouchair
255 Belle Ami De Sivola Res Some Plan
330 Melon res Mick Jazz
405 Midnight Stroll Res Minds Eye

Best Of Luck Tout, Have A good day All

Tout Seul leads by 2 points going into the last race - it's going to be very close for tomorrow

sat3rd2.JPG

Apologies, the screenshot doesn't show Tout Seul's 3 points for Faugheen, so it is 15-10 going in to the last

Last edited:
Last day so before the selections let me thank both Diamond Geezer and New Approach for the work they have put in on this and many other competitions. They are ubiquitous and may too easily be taken for granted. Totally committed, and at times in challenging personal circumstances, they put it all together every time for our enjoyment. Thank you!

Today is even tougher than yesterday so in hope rather than expectation here are my selections.

12.40 Alletrix/Lady Buttons
1.15 Espoir D’Allen/ Farclas
1.50 Samcro/Sharjah
2.25 Total Recall/ Flawless Escape
3.00 Sutton Place/Snow Falcon
3.35 Our Duke/ Killultagh Vic

Good luck and a profitable day, Therightroad.

Back