Tatenen

Guest_

At the Start
Told us little about his chances in the Arkle as he was never tested, but as a spectacle that round of jumping was a joy to watch.

I am sure he will be very short for the Arkle after that.

Was impressive, will take a fair horse to just be able to lay up with him. Not too sure I want to be taking 5/2 now for the Arkle though.

I don't understand the endless nitpicking after novice chases, he got close to one fence and got over fine, if it was any other race no one would say anything.

What price was Fair Along for the Arkle after he won this race? He was just as impressive against better rivals. Tatanen has more scope obviously, but 7/2 really doesn`t reflect his chance.

Looking at the Arkle prices, alot of the horses quoted are horses that are going to need further than two miles and are more likely to contest the 3 mile events.

Watching it again, he did not go that fast and it looked a case that the opposition made him look even better than he probably was. He reminds me a bit of Seebald...be interesting to see he how stands up to hitting a fence in time.

Deserved favourite at this early stage for the Arkle though.

I like the horse, but I have the feeling that tis one will need groun in the soft side.

about the Ireland trip
with the euro and pound exchange , irish trips are becoming very interesting for british horses

I like the horse, but I have the feeling that tis one will need groun in the soft side.

Possibly, suny. He does have quite a round action.

Interestingly enough, even though he didn't look to set a particularly strong gallop to the naked eye, the time comparison with the handicap suggests it was a decent time (especially considering he was eased down on the run in).

about the Ireland trip
with the euro and pound exchange , irish trips are becoming very interesting for british horses

Correct and when the BHB change their official exchange rate in January it could have an effect on the ten to follow.

Haven't seen the race and I'm already on a stablemate for the Arkle which worries me as I have a feeling his chances will be sacrificed (at least in terms of the big Novice Chases PN targets) for Tatanen.

Did Nicholls mention anything of future targets? From memory he loves the Kingmaker at Warwick as an Arkle prep.

I wasn't fully convinced about Tatenen beforehand, but I thought his jumping improved from Aintree, and it looked a very smart performance to me. I'm still not convinced he's better than I'msingingtheblues though, and couldn't have him at the price for the Arkle.

When his jumping is pressured and in a closer run race will be when we see Tatenen's true colours. He has done nothing wrong so far

I couldn't agree more.

Granted, they possibly couldn't have laid up, but I do think there was a fair bit of allowing Thomas too much rope going on in the race today; I feel he was given a soft lead and allowed to capitalise on that whilst the rest of the jocks waited for him to come back to them rather than attempting to go after him.

I couldn't agree more.

Granted, they possibly couldn't have laid up, but I do think there was a fair bit of allowing Thomas too much rope going on in the race today; I feel he was given a soft lead and allowed to capitalise on that whilst the rest of the jocks waited for him to come back to them rather than attempting to go after him.

100% spot on Shadow Leader..Tatenen was given a soft lead and his jumping was never pressurised at any stage. Still, as previous posters have said, the horse has done nothing wrong to date and it was a joy to watch him jump today. Deserving Festival favourite at this stage, to short for me though at 7/2ish.

Do the 4yo's still get the bigger weight-for-age allowance in Ireland this year?

Yesterday proved nothing. Straw Bear was again ridden like they had no confidence in him and Crescent Island gave another showing that suggested he's on his way to a squiggle. The horse remains most opposable at 7/2 at this stage having won nothing but a couple of near walkovers.

Yesterday proved nothing

Proved he jumps very nicely and travels well. Regardless of the lead given and the failure of the opposition, I have seen enough novices perform far less convincing at this stage of their career. I wouldnt back him at the price but opposing him is a very difficult call

Opposing him on the day might be difficult, but opposing him now is easy. Ridiculous price I think. One fantastic jump down the back, but I wasnt as taken by him as I thought I would have been.

Do the 4yo's still get the bigger weight-for-age allowance in Ireland this year?

Yesterday proved nothing. Straw Bear was again ridden like they had no confidence in him and Crescent Island gave another showing that suggested he's on his way to a squiggle. The horse remains most opposable at 7/2 at this stage having won nothing but a couple of near walkovers.

He will be getting 11lbs from the older horses at Leopardstown at Christmas David.

What will take him on? Made In Taipan? Not that many decent two mile novice chasers over here this season that I can think of.

Thanks Galileo. Looking at the WFA table, he'd only be getting 5 lb in the UK. How on earth can we have official Anglo-Irish Ratings when it's entirely plausable the 2 different organisations will rate the very same performance 6 lb different. A joke. Surely time that the Irish Turf club or whoever is in charge over there looked at that.

Agreed Garney.

I've never really been entirely convinced about Kalahari King, but that was a very smart performance today. Travelled great, jumped nicely (if a wee touch left) and ridden with a surprising amount of confidence for a horse from a yard that is 'out of form'.

Back