Team Ditcheat

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had a splendid morning at the Paul Nicholls yard today and first out to meet us was Kauto Star who according to the trainer seems as good as ever, will be starting off at Down Royal.

DSCF1293.jpg

DSCF1294.jpg

Denman who will have an entry in the Hennessy, the owners of What A Friend would like him to stay in so theirs carries a featherweight, but with nine pounds extra to carry it seems unlikely and they will have him fit as they can to take on Imperial Commander at Haydock. Won't be running right handed again so forget Punchestown.

DSCF1295.jpg

DSCF1298.jpg

Tataniano looked very well and with his favoured good ground the trainer thinks the Tingle Creek is a more than realistic target

DSCF1299.jpg

Think this is Big Bucks lol will be entered for the same four races as last term

DSCF1302.jpg

Master Minded has had a wind operation and will continue to be entered at the top races.

DSCF1308.jpg

All the inmates seemed very contented , currently there are 125 and only one biter ! There seemed to be a star round every corner so took loads of photos and also spoke to Dan Skelton or Robert Baker who walked round with us about most of them so any pics or info required will try my best to remember what was said.

Last edited:
Fab pics Geezer, thank you for sharing. :)

And very timely as the season when we get to see our old favs again is soon upon us.

They all look well. Kauto amazes me, always looks so young and boyish. What a horse!

That's an interesting development, Rory. I know he had Martys Mission there last year, and a horse like Watergate isn't a massive surprise, but moving a horse of Tatenen's calibre is a bit of a shock.

nice pictures, did nicholls say he will train celestrial halo for a few novice chases at cheltenham october november?

Not impossible he could still end up over hurdles, the stable having seriously considered stepping him up in trip but there's a problem, that problem being Big Bucks ! No point taking him on but if something goes amiss with Big Bucks there's a ready made replacement in the stables. So, for now ,novice chasing it is but didn't hear any info regarding specific timetables or targets

DSCF1324.jpg

Kauto is such a fabulous animal . If he were to recover the GC for the 2nd time - the roof really would come off the stands .

Is there not a case for thinking What a Friend and Tataniano are gonna be overbet wherever they go simply because of where they are stabled and because they are maybe seen as the replacements for his legendary staying and two mile chasers? I was at Aintree for the former's victory there and Nacarat would have won that race but for jumping like a pig. And the latter's win in the Maghull looks very ordinary if we take it as read that Osana was feeling the effects of his Arkle run.

Is there not a case for thinking What a Friend and Tataniano are gonna be overbet wherever they go simply because of where they are stabled and because they are maybe seen as the replacements for his legendary staying and two mile chasers?.

Good point, agree with alot there. Tataniano comes accross as an Aintree horse and I will have no qualms about taking him on this season

That second photo of Kauto Star is probably the best photo I have ever seen of him. Really captures something.

Yes, it's a fabulous pic, and I love the way he's standing there by himself, without zipping round and tanking off out of the yard. By contrast, the head shot of DENMAN looks as if he's about to fall asleep! All of them look very well groomed, don't they? And the yard looks lovely, with beautiful hanging baskets.

I see Mr Nicholls still has beautiful flower baskets, he is quite a gardener, wonder if he still does them himself or has turned that over to someone else?

Halo looks very well, I hope they find the key to bring him back to his best this season whether it be over fences or a different distance.

Back