Sat May 3

Today's runners

3 Annie Power 3.45 Punchestown(10 selections) WINNER 25 pts

69 Regal Encore 5.30 Punchestown (2 selections) 0 pts

95 Upsie 5.30 Punchestown (1 selection) 0 pts

and one Dark Horse

DH46 Glens Melody 3.45 Punchestown (Grey) NON RUNNER

Last edited:
Well done Granger and also to Grassie for a great performance in defeat.

Thanks to Diamond Geezer for organising the competition and to Roddy for putting up the prize.

Last edited:
Congratulations to granger, who subject to any claims, is the winner of our inaugural Talking Horses/ Final Furlong TTF competition sponsored by Roddy Owen to whom a big vote of thanks and I trust Roddy will be in touch with our winner to arrange the transfer of monies. In the end the margin of victory was just two points with granger (436pts) overhauling Grasshopper (434 pts) for the second time in the last week whilst swedish chef was an honourable third with 401 pts.

The top scoring horse was JamesRB's Dark Horse, Sire De Grugy with 137 pts whilst granger and swedish chef did well with Faugheen amassing 95 pts. From the list of 100 horses the top scorers had a distinctive Champion Hurdle connection with Jezki scoring 107 pts, Annie Power 77 and My Tent Or Yours and The New One both with 75 pts.

Next season looks set to be even tougher, having compiled a "starter for ten" list I already have over 100 horses noted although some will be scratched over the ensuing months whilst maybe a few others added to the mix. Will this year's champions be able to stay at the top of their game against this seasons younger generation, the previous champions returning from injury and one or two expensive purchases setting off on their careers.

All most intriguing.

Here are the final scores, as I say subject to any claims

1Scores0305_zps6d4712f8.jpg

2Scores0305_zps82c8f4f6.jpg

Horses and their points

Horses0305_zpsfdaffcef.jpg

Dark Horses and their points

DarkHorses0305_zps9afcc4a7.jpg

thanks for organising DG. you've done a grand job.

well done to both granger and grassy. fantastic efforts.

Well done to the winner and the runner-up, what a battle. A great competition, well done DG.

Well done Granger & Grassy twas fun watching the run in - thanks to all those running the comp and putting up the prizes - roll on next season.

Well done PJ, a great surge up the final climb.

Compensation awaits for Grassy in the form of the Winter prize, for the best overall performance in the Cheltenham ante post competition and the Ten To Follow. I will announce the full result when I get back to base and sort it out.

Back