TH National Hunt Cup

I'll actually be at Warwick on Saturday so it would be really cool if my handsome, learned and honorable opponent were to select said track. In return, I promise to whisper "nice horsey, that's a good horsey" at my opponent's selections in the parade ring so that he maintains something of a deserved home advantage.

Have made a few tweaks since the first post to cover eventualities, these are the updated rules

TH National Hunt Cup (to start around 11[SUP]th[/SUP] or 18[SUP]th[/SUP] February)

Going through some old posts and came across a competition instigated by Maxbet a few years ago which looked as if it was enjoyed by all so will recreate it. If you fancy having a go please register below. Ideally we could do with 32 players but I guess 16 is a more realistic number these days.

The idea is to have a head to head knock out tipping contest played on a Saturday that culminates in the two finalists playing off against each other throughout the whole four days of the Festival.

RULES

Before the first week of the competition a full draw will be made.

Each person drawn at home in the first round gets to choose the NH meeting of their choice (British or Irish) plus a back up meeting for their match on the Saturday (but must declare by midnight Thursday or lose home advantage and right to select which meeting). I will not issue reminders.If the home player posts but fails to post a back up meeting by midnight Thursday I will nominate it on their behalf.

If both meetings are abandoned on the day, players can mutually agree to either play another meeting on Saturday or defer it to the Sunday with the home player retaining right of choice.

In future rounds, persons scoring the most points in the previous week get home advantage against their opponent that weekend and choose the meeting which must be a NH meeting.

Each competitor chooses one selection per race FROM THE FIRST SIX RACES, selections to be posted by start of first race. If a selection is a NR, no points are scored. If a player fails to post selections their opponent receives a walkover but their score will be taken into account when deciding home advantage in the next round.

In the final over the four days of The Festival, the two players select from ALL races.

Scoring is as follows

5 points awarded for a winner, 3 points for a second, and 1 point for a third.

In the case of a tie, the result will be decided by most winners, if still level by most seconds,if still level then by thirds, then if still level, competitors must replay the following day with the away player having home advantage and choosing the meeting.

If for any reason competitors receive a bye, then in order to determine home advantage the following week, they must pick their selections at the same meeting as the tie producing the winner they will be up against, this should maintain interest for all and maximise involvement.

Any disputes my decision is final

Persons interested please sign up below ASAP.

Right BennyB and DanB88 have forfeited home advantage and right to choose the meeting for their match by not posting by midnight, so Absurdistan and Bachelors Hall now choose the meeting ( and back up meeting)

edit If either fail to post by 6PM Friday I will nominate the meetings

Last edited:
Bloody hell I've managed to miss 3 pages worth of posts on this thread and didn't notice when online last night.

Won't be online for a fair chunk of the day, so this is a reminder of the ties and the nominated meetings. You have until the start time of the nominated meeting to place selections, good luck everyone.

Meeting%20A_zpsp74qxeso.jpg

Meeting%20B_zpsfobovgo7.jpg

Reminder first six races only

Last edited:
Right, I probably wont be around later tonight or early in the morning so getting this out of the way now. I am drawn away to Euronymous who selected Newbury as his preferred meeting with Warwick as reserve in case the frost claims Newbury. Lets hope it doesn't. Here are my selections.

Newbury

1) High Bridge
2) Scotchtown
3) Bristol de Mai
4) Altior
5) Movewiththetimes
6) Vieux Lille.

If Newbury is abandoned reserve meeting is Warwick;

1) Aintree My Dream
2) Surtee du Berlais
3) Gino Trail
4) Cold March
5) Twist on Ginge
6) Kaki de la Pree

Best of luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be off to Dublin in the morning so I'll get mine done as well.

Newbury

1) Multiculture
2) Scotchtown
3) Native River
4) Altior
5) Movewiththetimes
6) Vieux Lille

If Newbury is abandoned reserve meeting is Warwick;

1) Aintree My Dream
2) Rons Dream
3) Knockgraffon
4) On Tour
5) Super Sam
6) Belami Des Pictons

Over to you Zongers. Best of luck.

Good luck Archie

Newbury

1. Multiculture
2. Tobefair
3. Bristol De Mai
4. Altior
5. Movewithetimes
6 Vinnie Red

Warwick
1 Orchardstown Cross
2.Whizzey Rascal
3. Gino Trail
4. Activial
5.Predict A Riot
6. Kaki De La Pree

High Bridge 1.15 Newbury

Tobefair 1.50

Bristol De Mai 2.25

Traffic Fluide 3.00

Ballyandy 3.35

Vieux Lille 4.10

Good luck viking, but not too much :whistle:

Best of luck CL. Looks like we're on four of the same so it'll come down to the novice hurdle and the big race.

1.15 Multiculture
1.50 Scotchtown
2.25 Bristol de Mai
3.00 Altior
3.35 Ballyandy
4.10 Vieux Lille

Last edited:
Back