The 2016 Grand National

Sir Des Champs, former Gold Cup second, been off a year, has had a couple or runs at the top level, ran average but is up to running a massive race here.

I've ended up with the following:

Unioniste
Rule the World
Silviniaco Conti
Morning Assembly
Goonyella

Got a free bet on The Last Samuri too.

Especially two years ago on Alvarado, he was finishing like an absolute train and made up so much ground from the last fence, if he had been nearer all the way.....................

I agree, he will get round but in his own time.

Karma - drew him in the office sweepstake :(

Goonyella.

i bet goonyella this morning again, after i measured 20mm in my bucket outside ha i piled in on 15 or under when talic said it few days ago,i knew rain was coming.. just bet 10 or under at 4/1 for a little punt..

Last edited:
How much is this rain/hail going to get into the ground? I'm sure we're not going to need another Earth Summit but should we be looking for a bit of a mudlark now?

Didnt someone on here have a few quid on Aachen? Stamina tests in gruelling conditions are Venetia's speciality.

under 15 finishers is evens at coral

its usually around that number on good/good to soft ground

last time it was this soft was 2001. 4 finishers (was heavy that day)

great bet

under 15 finishers is evens at coral

its usually around that number on good/good to soft ground

last time it was this soft was 2001. 4 finishers (was heavy that day)

great bet

10 or less is 7/4 now, i got 4/1... the bookies are right gits.. what is the price of no finishers ? ha ha

Come on Earth Summit!

Seriousl, it won't be that bad, will it? I think people are getting a bit carried away with the number of finishers bets.

Tumbleweed. Did anyone put him up?

The stats just got a bumming. He's never even won over fences never mind over 3 miles!

That's a stonking ride.

Love that horse. I was absolutely gutted when I thought we'd lost him at Punchestown.

Get on Mouse!!

Back