The 2016 Grand National

Because much to your dismay probably, it's not my kind of bet. It's only been the past 4 years that I've made a healthy and consistent profit and that coincided with binning the multiples. I know many make them pay but for me it's a case of why change a winning formula ?

My above double is purely a £10 e/w fun bet.

GN%20elims_zps77n4loee.jpg

Onenightinvienna is a very interesting runner as a 7yo novice. I strongly fancied him for the NH Chase but Hobbs withdrew him to target him at the National, a bold step. He jumps really well and looks a strong stayer. You'd have to forgive a below-par run at Ascot last time but he seemed to go off too fast and it at least got him a 2lb drop in his mark. His form, especially with Blaklion, stands up. If he can get over the first few fences, he could go really well. Runs in the West Tip colours.

Last edited:
I haven't backed the winner since they made the fences suitable for Shetland ponies but my 4 against the field would be:
The Last Samuri
Many Clouds
Morning Assembly
Shutthefrontdoor (assuming that Saint Barry doesn't do 'a Don't Push It' and jump ship to the Martin horse at the last minute)

" it is 16 years since his last winner on English soil. That was Quadco in Aintree's Champion Bumper, with a seven-pound-claiming amateur rider called DN Russell up top"

That made me smile, cheers for the link Granger.

My top 5 in order of preference

Many Clouds <-> The Last Samuri (struggling to split these two)
Morning Assembly
Saint Are
The Druids Nephew

Silviniaco Conti could be thrown in and he's one of my favourite horses in training so I daresay I'll throw a few quid at him too out of sentiment but I also think he might struggle to get home and is that low, cat like jumping style so suitable to these fences, even with the recent reductions in height ?

Last edited:
365 doing their fantastic offer again for this

The Grand National takes place on Saturday 9th April and we've got a fantastic money back offer for Each-Way bets placed on the world's greatest horse race.

All you have to do is place your bets on the Grand National between Thursday 7th April and midday on Saturday 9th April. We will then give you half the stake back for every Each-Way bet that you place, up to a maximum total refund of £125* per customer.
To ensure that your refund is credited as quickly as possible, please only include Grand National bets on your bet slip. This offer is only available between 00:00:01 UK time on Thursday 7th April 2016 and 11:59:59 UK time on Saturday 9th April 2016 and only applies to Each-Way single bets placed on the 'Win and Each-Way' market for the Grand National, taking place at Aintree on Saturday 9th April. Bets placed outside these times will not qualify. The offer will not apply where all or part of a bet has been Cashed Out. Refunds will be credited to your account within two hours of bet placement. Tote bets do not count as qualifying bets and will not be refunded.

they also match best price for the other major bookies from 10am saturday

If they really fancy Bishops Road (1st reserve), the owner could buy the horse (forgotten it's name) that's in a sale tomorrow evening and which holds an entry, and withdraw it.

Paul Moloney on board Buywise
Happy with that, Accepting that he won't win I couldn't ask for a better pilot to get him in the places
His first 4 record in the last 7 years is second to none.

Last edited:
Back