The 2016 Grand National

That's racing. Boo.

Can't get my head around how a maiden (chaser) has won the Grand National.

i can tell you why... the fences are easy.. 3 years ago they changed it from real birch to plastic.....you dont have to jump them, you can walk through them..

It's easier for them all then. Actually, I can't get my head around how a maiden chaser even qualified. (I know the rules, but looking at the form and the ratings, this looks to my untrained eye like a real edge case - fair play).

Edit to add, I had forgotten all about the Irish National from 2015.

Last edited:
They're not going to pull up unless they have to. They all want a "completed" on their record even if they've no chance.

thanks, i will remember that next year.. never back under on the grand nation ever again...if i owned a horse and it was 170 lengths behind the winner, i would want the jockey to get off..give the horse a rest..after running 4 miles flat out...in heavy ground..guess some owners will have the horses walking home to save fuel...ha ha

Last edited:
i can tell you why... the fences are easy.. 3 years ago they changed it from real birch to plastic.....you dont have to jump them, you can walk through them..
Congratulations. Yesterday you won the award for crass posting of the week (about Ruby) and today you win the bad loser of the week award as well. If the fences are so easy, don't you think that it makes a higher number of finishers more likely?

Congratulations. Yesterday you won the award for crass posting of the week (about Ruby) and today you win the bad loser of the week award as well. If the fences are so easy, don't you think that it makes a higher number of finishers more likely?

i didnt know until the channel 4 experts said it an hour or so before the race..that is why 18 horses jumped the last fence. and a novice won.....did you know about the fence change?
.oh and ruby Walsh is crap...that s fact, are you his bum boy or something?

Last edited:
Of course he is. Sure what would Willie Mullins & Paul Nicholls know about it.

You are undoubtedly an idiot.

i can bet on who i like....say what i like.. i do not rate him..any jockey can win on his horses..1 did today..he always falls,why does he keep missing the national? 3 times in 5 years is it? your the idiot mate,thinking the sun shines out his arse..

thanks, i will remember that next year.. never back under on the grand nation ever again...if i owned a horse and it was 170 lengths behind the winner, i would want the jockey to get off..give the horse a rest..after running 4 miles flat out...in heavy ground..guess some owners will have the horses walking home to save fuel...ha ha
Give it up Cool Hand Luke.

i can bet on who i like....say what i like.. i do not rate him..any jockey can win on his horses..1 did today..he always falls,why does he keep missing the national? 3 times in 5 years is it? your the idiot mate,thinking the sun shines out his arse..

Why would you join a forum and behave like this? Why don't you just crawl back under your rock and leave us alone.

From the pinstickers' guide I sent out to my family:

Rule The World: Excellent second in last year’s Irish National when still a novice and only a pound higher here. Previously a high class staying hurdler and entitled to be a high class chaser so could well outrun his mark by some way.

I'm curious who you are now HW? I didn't realise we're inadvertently sharing emails. Presumably you read my email in response to Mo's shortlist with regards RTW and BW?

Why would you join a forum and behave like this? Why don't you just crawl back under your rock and leave us alone.

dont worry not coming on here again, you cant say anything about jockey or horse..you are not really gamblers.. no balls.no passion,you bet few pound and like to yap about it..if most of you put a few grand on a horse **** your pants.....racing is fixed to the core...no jockey or trainer is your friend(only is you know them)..i know cause my uncle owns several flat horses.he is told when they will try or not..so we could get money on it,.no one gives a toss about you mug punters....rather be under a rock than living with my head in the sand, like some of you lot...now how to you deleted this shite... ...

ha ha Luke.

Why don't you talk to me on pm. Perhaps I'll tell you how I know who you are.

Or perhaps try trolling me and see how that works for you.

Or perhaps I'll troll your boss.

You still can't figure it out can you?

Try again in a few months.

I think he's done now Ricko. But he'll be back, but you might not recognise the name.

But in answer to your question? Yes, but with a hint of Brummie, and a dash of Chinese!

dont worry not coming on here again, you cant say anything about jockey or horse..you are not really gamblers.. no balls.no passion,you bet few pound and like to yap about it..if most of you put a few grand on a horse **** your pants.....racing is fixed to the core...no jockey or trainer is your friend(only is you know them)..i know cause my uncle owns several flat horses.he is told when they will try or not..so we could get money on it,.no one gives a toss about you mug punters....rather be under a rock than living with my head in the sand, like some of you lot...now how to you deleted this shite... ...

The trainer will tell the owner what he wants/needs to hear often not knowing himself what the f*cks going on!

Vic's Canvas only a pony to boot but gallops all day and loves soft ground, a fantastic run.
David Mullins has been a shining light since his win on Fosters Cross at Thurles Dec 2014, a great lad.
Mouse is one in a million, can train them to the minute, let alone the day.
When you consider his unlucky run with Cahervillahow all those years ago he deserves Rule The World coming good once.
Talks of the horse being retired now; you would think they could find a winners of one for him someplace !

Had no idea about mouses family tragedy. Nothing can be said about that of course but Always really liked the guy and quite a story with the horse too. Pleasing win

Back