The 2021 Punchestown Festival Tues April 27th - Sat May 1st

Welcome back, Fist - how's the TB?

Thanks for asking pal....Definite improvement but slow. The problem is I left it way too late thinking I had Bronchitis so when I eventually went to the hospital my lungs were like a Norwegian Xmas card..another month the doc reckoned I would have been 6ft under. They reckon under the circumstances it will take 12 months (usually 6 months to clear the bacteria completely. Felt good a few weeks ago, never vomited like most people do, only side effects was shortage of breath. woman doctor changed one of my meds and I was up all night being sick..went back to hospital they took me off it but it set me back a week or two...felt like shyte
2 moths ago I would be knackered just going to the toilet but now I get out and about on my motorbike. still shot of breath but in the last week my weight has gone up from 46kg to 48kg....I was 82 kG when living in BKK on the **** :whistle: still below my BMI but very happy my weight is going up.

Hope you and all the guys never catch this it really f**ks u up. Stay safe

I backed Envoi Allen today but my confidence is dwindling...wish I hadn't watched Monkfish win at Cheltenham he is one scary dude..can't wait to see them clash

Presenting Percay wasn't fav he never won again Monalee was fav I believe.
monalee was a novice as well at that time. not that its true anyway, PP beat him out of sight in the RSA and I just had a quick google and found this article which shows he was still fave even when he had an abnormal prep of only one run over hurdles. PP was fave the whole year leading into the gold cup following his rsa win and the fact he didn't win again isn't remotely relevant to the argument of him being fav after he won the rsa.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/gol...not-fail-on-fitness-front-says-russell/367947

be hard to find the actual data on this but most rsa winners are around the top of the gold cup betting following the festival

pretty certain presenting percy was fave after his rsa win and that was only 3 years ago.

also don't think a 4/1 and 8/1 shot in a race "dominate the betting"

You're right he did go off fav but like 0% of RSA winners he was well beaten....Monkfish could be the horse to change that of course.

If he wins easily or Envoi Allen wins convincingly then the price will drop like a stone....I still say this is huge. You wont see a more a more looked forward to clash this year or next unless the two go past together and a second meeting is on the cards

Any word who rides Glowing Account in the 7.35? He got in as a reserve and is now favourite. Patrick is due to ride their other horse Hara Kiri.

They are trying to swap Patrick, if they are allowed Pat Taafe will ride the other one. Not sure if it will be allowed, they only allow a swap if the original mount is a NR. Maybe they will pull the other one out to allow Patrick to obtain permission.

Thanks for asking pal....Definite improvement but slow. The problem is I left it way too late thinking I had Bronchitis so when I eventually went to the hospital my lungs were like a Norwegian Xmas card..another month the doc reckoned I would have been 6ft under. They reckon under the circumstances it will take 12 months (usually 6 months to clear the bacteria completely. Felt good a few weeks ago, never vomited like most people do, only side effects was shortage of breath. woman doctor changed one of my meds and I was up all night being sick..went back to hospital they took me off it but it set me back a week or two...felt like shyte
2 moths ago I would be knackered just going to the toilet but now I get out and about on my motorbike. still shot of breath but in the last week my weight has gone up from 46kg to 48kg....I was 82 kG when living in BKK on the **** :whistle: still below my BMI but very happy my weight is going up.

Hope you and all the guys never catch this it really f**ks u up. Stay safe

I had TB in 16/17 meds are a killer, knock the stuffing out of you .
Took 12 months to get my strength back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magic Tricks probably is a worthy favorite in the handicap hurdle at 4.50 tomorrow. However, it's a wide open handicap hurdle and CALL ME LYREEN is appealing having won three novice hurdles on the bounce last year, then probably needing the run last day. He races off a mark of 135 here but could prove to be ahead of that, on what his first start in handicap company. Jack Kennedy booked to ride..16/1 a nice enough price to play at.

Took the best price. Small win single and in an each way trixie.

Maurice fancy Cerberus looks extremely well punted.

I see a tracker horse of mine who I still rate, could run in a novice handicap chase on Friday at this venue. The horse is Notice To Close with a weight of about 10.2. He should start a juicy price too.

Last edited:
It seems as if some forum members owned the winner, Moe.

Well done them.

He had to switch off the inside rail, so it was an unbelievable turn of foot to make up that much ground on the winner by Call Me Lyreen.

Last edited:
Top class 2m4 horse not able to live with top class 2m, like he should. Ran the stamina and class out of Nube Negra. First flow tried and collapsed.

what a performance by the real Chacun Pour Soi today...makes you wonder how on earth he was beaten in the qmcc.

Uphill finish. If he is going to win one, he will need to have the race shot by the turn in.

Last edited:
Back