The 2021 Punchestown Festival Tues April 27th - Sat May 1st

Proper race. Proper horses. Proper result.

Fantastic to watch.

I really liked the way Allaho boxed back from two out after losing his pitch a bit.

Last edited:
possibly but the turnaround with Nube Negra would indicate something may have been amiss at Cheltenham

Yeah. I have wondered about it before if Cheltenham really rewards the superbly fluent jumpers. Its the way he gets away from his fences at speed. Not sure it gets you a lot at Cheltenham. Take him to the Tingle Creek.

The mistake 3 or 4 out did for Monkfish but not sure he’d have got to the mare anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some superb performances at Punchestown this evening, including one from a forum owned horse. Colreevy was imperious and Chacun, well wow! Such a shame so few could watched on course. Classic Racing.

Does anyone remember which horse it was that won a race twice, first time when it’s mum was in foal with it and then when it actually won the same race itself?

Or, like Beef or Salmon, he doesn’t like travelling. He wouldn’t be the first horse to not reproduce his home performances in another country.

Townend stating how disappointed he was for the horse at cheltenham in the interview after this evening suggest they think he an aeroplane. He'll be a price next March if fans want to go in again.

what a performance by the real Chacun Pour Soi today...makes you wonder how on earth he was beaten in the qmcc.

Running at the DRF and having the QMCC as the 4th run of the season was very questionable i thought for a horse that hadn't had much racing; hopefully someone will ask Mullins if he messed up the peak for Cheltenham.

It depends on how much he puts into his races..a fortnight off can make a helluva difference to some horses.

Some are already writing off Monkfish,that mistake wasn't the cause of his defeat to me he ran like a horse that was over the top

100% he'll bounce back he has Gold Cup written all over him

Or, like Beef or Salmon, he doesn’t like travelling. He wouldn’t be the first horse to not reproduce his home performances in another country.

The QM was 5 seconds slower than the Arkle (the Arkle was run on slower ground too). The fact there were loads in with chances turning it in the QM says it all.
Chacun breaks horses by just going flat out all the way round, look at pretty much all of his other runs.

To say he doesn't like travelling after 1 sample run is not like comparing him to Beef or Salmon who had countless goes at Cheltenham.
That said I'd be against Chacun at Cheltenham because A.) He'll be 10 and B.) Shiskin

Townend stating how disappointed he was for the horse at cheltenham in the interview after this evening suggest they think he an aeroplane. He'll be a price next March if fans want to go in again.

Mullins said in his post race interview last night, "that may we didn't make enough use of him at Cheltenham".

You can honestly see Envoi winning a Gold Cup? Maybe if they send him back to Gordon's

And Monkish is Don Slowly MK II, not a chance he'll win a Gold Cup

Envoi no as never thought him a 3 miler

Monkfish - hell yes

Monkfish is slow ? You did see him over shorter trip at the DRF and realise he was at the end of a season after winning 3 Grade 1's?

Last edited:
I've dutched Kemboy and Melon today. Both are likely pace angles and I think the front two in the market are both best fresh.

Will be interesting to see how Melon is ridden today. Taking him back at the DRF didn't work, but I can't see them giving Kemboy a hard time like he did at xmas.

Likely he will be handy or sit second but not press on

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Back