The Arc; help needed

moehat

Senior Jockey
Going to Paris for the Arc but realised that tickets for the racecourse aren't inclided in the trip we're going on. How do I go about getting tickets? Thanks in advance!

Unless you want a seat, don't worry about tickets, you can pay in on the day. Mind you it will cost you, last year it was €8.

The only people I know who wanted seats applied for them through the Turf Club. Do you know any freemasons?

When I went a few years ago (Sea The Stars) there was an official website that you could print out free tickets from. They gave out loads of freebies (caps etc.) once you got inside as well

Oh phew; I thought it was pay on the day, but then got a bit panicky about it...would feel a real lemon turning up and not getting in! Now to get round to sorting my passport out.....

You were there when Sea the Stars won? That would only happen in my dreams. I was a wreck that day just watching it on the telly. I might get a free cap as well? Oh joy. I hope Racing for Change are reading this.

I was also there. Stood by the railing as he flew by. Unfortunately the moment was somewhat spoiled by a forumite screaming 'Youmzain's done him'. I had a huge e/w bet on Youmzain. I have still not forgiven him.. :p

I was also there. Stood by the railing as he flew by. Unfortunately the moment was somewhat spoiled by a forumite screaming 'Youmzain's done him'. I had a huge e/w bet on Youmzain. I have still not forgiven him.. :p

Said forumite must have had a very good sense of humour as anyone with a brain knew that Youmzain was a first rate pig who would never win an Arc. :D

Anyone who thought that STS could be done by any horse was short of a few brain cells !

Sorry Steve ....

Anyone who thought that STS could be done by any horse was short of a few brain cells !

Sorry Steve ....

Mind you… Sea The Stars was of course receiving 8lb from the older horses in the Arc. He beat Youmzain by two lengths and Conduit by only a little more (and as good as these are, they perhaps fall short of being the greatest older horses of all time). At level weights, both would probably have beaten Sea The Stars in the Arc.
So (and I never thought I’d hear myself say this) perhaps Youmzain was “unlucky”.:D

Last edited:
Back