The Bumper Horses

Looking forward to seeing Brewingupastorm tomorrow in Hereford’s bumper. Effortless in his p2p. Took 3/1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's back today but gotta go with Good Boy Bobby this time round..He looks an awesome prospect...mind you many do in these race.......soon find out

Good to see Honeyball have an exciting prospect after such an awful week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure which thread I put it on but on last weekend's Leopardstown fare:

The big handicap hurdle ended up being run in a similar time to the Champion Hurdle but was faster until the final hurdle. The Bumper was only a second or so slower overall but I believe they had dolled out the track a little for that race. It was actually faster than the other two races until the site of the second-last. On official times, would you believe it was 0.3s faster than the Champion Hurdle? As a result, I’ve started backing Rhinestone (of JP McManus) for the Cheltenham Bumper at 10/1 (NRNB/BOG) as I think he could have won. He was ridden very confidently and was closing the winner down near the line after giving him first run. The pair were 15 lengths and more clear of single-figure priced horses.

It will take quite some performance [on the clock] to sway me from that opinion.

You might find yourself having no choice but run a horse in it.

Look at Backbow WPM and ask yourself why has he not gone hurdling?

If he was a normal mature 4 year old he'd have gone jumping in his 4 year old season and be contesting the Supreme most likely.

The fact is he is not and they never got a run into him until the end of the year in a bumper would indicate he's been backward.

Obviously you can't sit around keeping owners waiting so if they are not strong enough to go hurdling then this is the only real alternative other than leave him in his box

You need some patience to wait 3 or 4 years before them running somewhere.......The fact not many make the big time is not because of the race. Most were never 100% straight in the first place

If i had a good horse, I wouldnt run it in the champ bumper.

100%.

If I had a good horse, it wouldn't be qualified for the Bumper, as it would have been winning £120K French 4yo steeplechases, and not go anywhere near Cheltenham until it was ready to win the Gold Cup. :lol:

100%.

If I had a good horse, it wouldn't be qualified for the Bumper, as it would have been winning £120K French 4yo steeplechases, and not go anywhere near Cheltenham until it was ready to win the Gold Cup. :lol:

Yes. I reckon if I had a good one I'd be having it trained and campaigned in France.

Just wait till I win those euromillions...

The premier staying G1 novice chase and only two winners have gone on to win the GC in 30 years. That is savage enough for me.

That can't be right.

Bobs Worth and Lord Windermere were back to back RSA and Gold Cup winners. Also Looks Like Trouble and Denman.

Ring Ring Ring...HI it's me your trainer..This horse of yours I think will win the bumper or there's a NHF race at Sedgefield next month...what do you think?:blink:

Me ? have a runner at Cheltenham? no I cxouldn't possibly....I don't like the race............................Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! in yer dreams

Ring Ring Ring...HI it's me your trainer..This horse of yours I think will win the bumper or there's a NHF race at Sedgefield next month...what do you think?:blink:

Me ? have a runner at Cheltenham? no I cxouldn't possibly....I don't like the race............................Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!! in yer dreams

Sounds to me like you had Micheal O'Leary on the phone.
Eddie said he wouldn't let a good potential future chaser near the race.

Any idiot can say that about an immature 4 year old but let them say it about a 6 year old.

Look back at your Arkle winners or your Feltham winners and try and find one that ran in any sort of bumper at 6 years of age.

The potential simply isn't there and if it was they would have run a lot sooner

Over the last 10 years excluding last year on which the jury is still out the best horse I can remember who ran at 6 in the Bumper was On His Own

He actually won a chase at 7 years old under Brian Hughes at Musselburgh.

Silver Concorde won the race at 6 and is probably as good as he was then but that is a rariity

Moon Race was thought good enough to run in the CH but has been dogged by injury and to me is over faced to the hilt by Pipe.

Back