The Bumper Thread

Get In The Queue Exeter today was impressive as you could wish.
Prominent today (from what we could see) after being held up on debut he fairly routed his field, whatever the quality.
I can imagine Noel Fehily sweet talking the Rooney clan to go balls deep for Festival Bumper.

Hope Hemmings horse wins. Might sign us a player in the summer then. (Im a Preston fan) Failing that ill back every horse he has in the national, just out of respect.

Harry Fry has tweeted Get In The Queue will not run but waits for the valuable Newbury bumper in two week's time.

Changing my selection to myself was an alcohol fuelled act of staggering arrogance and vanity not shrewdness [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we all know An Capall runs the bumper scene in Ireland

I was looking through the entries Friday and was pleasantly surprised to see a bumper horse the Elliot yard liked entered called Geraldo

66k Jeremy

First four year old bumper at Naas today like old times.
Winner from the Bolger family that produced Sholokov, Fergus MacIvor and others; runner up from family of Barathea and Gossamer; third placed a great grand daughter of Oaks winner Bireme.
Reminds me of 1984 Leopardstown first four year old Bumper ; eleven runners or so; eight or nine being backed as if defeat was out of the question.
In all this mayhem Sean Graham threw away his duster, took money with both hands and let the market settle itself.
The Iliad defeated Baltic Sea with Kerry National winner Flute Player among the also rans.
1985 John Fowler produced a High Line gelding owned by Marquessa de Moratella, Carricero to win by 8 lengths ; like The Iliad he was undefeated in three more Bumpers.
Today's winner looks to have a big big engine; hope Richard O'Brien left more to train on with.

Impressive winner of NHF flat race at Naas at the beginning of the year called Impulsive Dancer has joined the Willie Mullins yard in a private sale.

“He’s only four and I’m not sure that I want to go to Cheltenham with him. We’ll have a word with connections. He is a huge prospect for jumping. He’s got size and scope and is by the right sire. He’s a nice one to look forward to." Willie Mullins - Mercurey.

Back