The Bumper Thread

EBF listed Mares betting for Sandown in for Saturday with pp. One I really like for this is Avellino for Dermot Mcloughlin who I know is bypassing the champion bumper for this instead.

Her form in Ireland is rock solid with 2 wins and her second to Lucky Pass at Fairyhouse on debut couldn't have worked out better. I think she'll be better for any drying ground too.

At 8/1 you've a serious ew price now with a few ahead of her in the market probably going to Cheltenham. Copper Kay has looked very good and will take a hell of a lot of beating!

03521f080c75980428cb45d416a8b04b.jpg
cafdb89acd77609e46658a3944382045.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Invitation Only, fancied for Cheltenham by some decent judges, declared at Navan on Sunday. The rain has really delayed the appearance of several of the likely better bumper horses and it's quite likely that the bumpers at the other festivals will be very competitive.

Invitation Only, fancied for Cheltenham by some decent judges, declared at Navan on Sunday. The rain has really delayed the appearance of several of the likely better bumper horses and it's quite likely that the bumpers at the other festivals will be very competitive.

Done it very well even after a slight walk in the market
The giggi horse that was backed looked to be getting the hang of things late on in 4th.

Looks like Ireland's turn this year.

Avenie D'une Vie - Patrick on board and first Giggi runner in this for a good while. He looks the one.

Augusta Kate the big danger.

Last edited:
When looking for an ante post angle I always look for something that makes up lengths and puts distance between the rest at the business end and that has been Augusta Kate this year.I think she will also step up again on that ground.Think it's between her and jps

Their smashing into Augusta Kate-4/1 in places now
I've had a go on New to This Town..seems like it's become the forum horse.

New to This Town hated every yard of that.
They were very positive today. Have to think something awry. Certainly it was clear from early on that the horse was not in comfortable place. We shall see as they are an open and honest yard.

Not something I typically associate with him, particularly this early, but Nicholls has sent out 4 very, very impressive bumper winners already. Silver Forever has hacked up there.

She looked smart didn't she?

Malone was at that point in Bartlemy and bought both winners from the four year old maidens for Colm Donlon.

Ask For Glory is the other still to run.

Column of Fire out tomorrow. Someone near the stable told me they think a lot of him

Malone Road, COF, Fury Road, Feel my Pulse, Envoi Allan and Commander of Fleet the ones to note

Column of Fire out tomorrow. Someone near the stable told me they think a lot of him

Malone Road, COF, Fury Road, Feel my Pulse, Envoi Allan and Commander of Fleet the ones to note

Commander of Fleet entered for the Royal Bond. He could be some tool.

Commander of Fleet entered in two 2m bumpers, a 2m maiden hurdle and a 2m 4f maiden hurdle over the weekend. Good luck to anybody trying to bet him ante post for anything...

Back