The Champion Chase 2010

Francome called it on the Morning Line, his interesting point about after how after a huge performance MM seems to lose form can be attributed for a second time today?

Maybe he's just another french bred who fizzled out after a few years, Big Zeb was very impressive, last years Arkle winner ran great.

Will the ground be an issue for Master Minded? Only time he raced on it he lost to Voy Por after that bad mistake - probably won't make any difference but I suspect he probably is most comfortable with an easy in the ground.

Walsh says the ground was too fast.

Imagine next season we will see Master Minded in the Tingle Creek and then possibly straight to Cheltenham. He may be regretting running him at Newbury.

Very hard to buy the ground argument. Never went a yard ~ Walsh looked far from comfortable even heading out on the second circuit. Suggests a physical problem at work.

Fair play to Big Zeb.

none of first 3 home wanted the ground either but the time of the race isn't pointing to fast ground..its not a million miles away from the time MM recorded when winning here easily in 2008..agree Track..ground isn't that fast to be that much of a stopper

What do you have the ground down as, EC1? Haven't seen a replay but they didn't look to go hell for leather as they usually do. Might have affected the time.

from what i got Track these are the times i would have expected each race to be run in for middle Good ground

Coral Cup... espected time = 304 sec / today 305 sec = 1.0 sec slow
RSA Chase...espected time = 371 sec / today 373.5 sec = 2.5 sec slow
Champion Chase.espected time = 232 sec / today 231.3 sec = 0.7 fast
Bumper...espected time = 228 sec / today 228.7 sec = 0.7 slow

obviously not an exact science but its clear to me that the ground isn't fast for sure..probably very perfect good ground

from what i got Track these are the times i would have expected each race to be run in for middle Good ground

Coral Cup... espected time = 304 sec / today 305 sec = 1.0 sec slow
RSA Chase...espected time = 371 sec / today 373.5 sec = 2.5 sec slow
Champion Chase.espected time = 232 sec / today 231.3 sec = 0.7 fast
Bumper...espected time = 228 sec / today 228.7 sec = 0.7 slow

obviously not an exact science but its clear to me that the ground isn't fast for sure..probably very perfect good ground

I am no time expert - but to me loads of the races over the first two days have been run at pretty steady pace relatively speaking. That was most noticeable in the Coral Cup and RSA for me today - very unusual.

Would agree with Gal. Given the pace scenario today, it wouldn't surprise me if the ground was a shade faster than good.

I am no time expert - but to me loads of the races over the first two days have been run at pretty steady pace relatively speaking. That was most noticeable in the Coral Cup and RSA for me today - very unusual.

CORAL cup was slower than Champion Chase..so that could explain it..CCup slower than race time should be and CChase faster

most of races are pointing to times just slower han middle good..which ..with better pace would be middle good..if that makes sense.

its not like fast ground horses filled first 3 places in CChase is it?

Last edited:
Back