The Derby & Irish Derby 2009

Flame, may I enquire into the whereabouts of a certain Highland Glen, who I seemed to remember you suggested a Derby horse last season but he was taken out of it at the next entries stage and has barely been spoken of since his first run. Any news?

Some trial in store next Sunday at Leopardstown with the Ballysax taking place. Oxx plans on running 3 (Vitruvian Man, Mourayan and Space Telescope), Bolger plans on running Gan Amhras while O'Brien is sure to have a runner or two as well.

Flame, may I enquire into the whereabouts of a certain Highland Glen, who I seemed to remember you suggested a Derby horse last season but he was taken out of it at the next entries stage and has barely been spoken of since his first run. Any news?

Has suffered a setback. Saptapadi would be the yards main Derby contender.

But the winner makes it's racecourse debut on Wednesday :)

Has suffered a setback. Saptapadi would be the yards main Derby contender.

But the winner makes it's racecourse debut on Wednesday :)

So is Harbinger really that good then?! ;)

I have seen (on another forum) someone giving favourable mentions to a horse called South Easter of Willie Haggas'. I see he is down for the same race as Harbinger on Weds, though is also down for a couple of other races next week. Have you heard anything?

Shame about Highland Glen. Hopefully he can prove to be as good as you said his home work was last year.

Many Thanks Flame and sorry for bombarding you with all these names. Just the anticipation of the flat season about to hit full swing that has got me excited!

Harbinger won't be winning on Thursday, he isn't ready yet. He runs in the Wood Ditton. Saptapadi runs for Stoute in the 10f maiden and should go well but he'll do well to beat Cecil's, Native Ruler is the horse in question yes. Brothers a St Leger winner, mum's a Oaks winner. He'll complete the puzzle.

I like South Easter, but he'll come on for the run.

It will be interesting to see how Black Bear Island gets on tomorrow. Interesting they are sending him to France...imagine they want to get him out early and then maybe give him another run in the Dante or something? Much like they did with Septimus?

Hot hot hot hot hot looking trial in prospect at Leopardstown on Sunday:

Dixie Music
Estephe
Fame And Glory
Fergus McIver
Gan Amhras
Grace O’Malley
Hail Caesar
Hawkhill
Liszt
Malibu Bay
Masterofthehorse
Mourayan
Nafaath
Saint Arch
Space Telescope
Tarankali
Toraidhe
Vitruvian Man

I like Gan Amrhas too, but watch out for Space Telescope! Hope most of those entered will run on Sunday, but I'll bet at least half of them won't. Of the Ballydoyle horses, I like Liszt. Can you tell I'm partial to Galileos?

Gents this is not a laughing matter, Kite Wood out to 48 on Betfair for the derby, IF this horse has suffered an injury then Godolphin really go downhill in my books because this is not just a coincidence now.

I'll back him at that price after reading this:

KITE FLYING AHEAD OF DANTE

By Neil Morrice, PA Sport
Godolphin's Kite Wood is reported to be progressing towards a crack at the totesport.com Dante Stakes at York next month.
Previously with Michael Jarvis and purchased by Sheikh Mohammed's operation after winning a Group Three at Ascot last autumn, the colt is a best-priced 16-1 with Coral for the Epsom Derby.
Saeed bin Suroor said: "He's working nicely and doing well, having been on the weak side early on for us. If he could win the Dante he'd be a very good candidate for Epsom."
The trainer had not such good news on Creachadoir, who it transpires picked up an injury in the Dubai Duty Free last month.
He went on: "Creachadoir will be out for a while with a little problem. I'm not sure how long, but he'll miss races like the Lockinge."
Bin Suroor has no plans for the Duty Free hero Gladiatorus who will arrive from Dubai at the end of next week.
He concluded: "I want to see how he acclimatises before making a plan. There will be plenty of options for him."

Bin Suroor has no plans for the Duty Free hero Gladiatorus who will arrive from Dubai at the end of next week.
He concluded: "I want to see how he acclimatises before making a plan. There will be plenty of options for him."

Just 4 weeks till the Lockinge lads.

Chris/Flame, sorry to again ask something of you, but is there any sinister reason for Saptapadi's absence at Newbury today? I am presuming there is a physical problem as he was down as an n/r yesterday!

No Gan Amhras on Sunday (ground now soft)...Fame and Glory, Mourayan, Vitruvian Man, Hail Caesar, Liszt, Nafaath, Dixie Music, Fergus McIver all declared.

Gan Amhras might run in the Dante as might Black Bear Island. Throw in Crowded House and it looks a heck of a trial.

Looking forward to see where and when Freemantle reappears.

Sandown Classic Trial Entries:

Above Average
Big Bound
Byzantine
Debussy
Gan Amhras
Malibu Bay
Mishrif
Mustaqer
Popmurphy
Saint Arch
Saptapadi