The Festival Handicaps 2019

Not run for a while but I think Pingshou is an interesting horse if he takes up any of his three Handicap entries

Won the Grade one at Aintree last spring,so has the class

Got involved each way in all 3 races, but with safety net of NRNB

Coral Cup @ 40-1 [Bet 365] BOG
County @ 33-1 [Coral]
Martin Pipe @ 33-1 [Bet 365] BOG

Only race left in is the County

Uradel has managed to get into the Coral Cup. He's going to go off very short indeed I imagine.

Friend or Foe didn't make the cut for the Fred Winter.

Sounds like Solomon Grey never made the cut. He had exactly the same rating as Uradel and four other horses, (137), but found himself at the bottom of the 137's.

I'm guessing that's because his name began with a 'S'?

Last edited:
Sounds like Solomon Grey never made the cut. He had exactly the same rating as Uradel and four other horses, (137), but found himself at the bottom of the 137's.

I'm guessing that's because his name began with a 'S'?

And ‘U’radel ? :lol:

Lol, well I still don't know why Solomon was bottom of the 137's, with four horses above him on exactly the same rating, just shows what I know about racing!!!

That'll be two consecutive Cheltenham Festivals he hasn't run in now, seems really odd.

Is there any reserves for The Coral Cup?

Last edited:
Just hoping he is either a reserve or that they declared him, in which case I can claim my stake back.

Where's that man, DG? Any news on the above please let me know, cheers.

I know Rachael Blackmore is good but not sure how she’s going to ride two at the same time in the Coral Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim's advice :cool:

Good Man Pat is the wrong price in the Close Brothers (4.50) tomorrow. Has 2 stone in hand.

Up for Review looking like he's going to to off fav. Can't have it, the Irish record in this is rancid and I'll happily avoid anything WPM sticks in a handicap chase at the Festival.

Personally don't think it's a strong renewal. If Give Me a Copper drifts out any further he's a bet as he's the least exposed of the lot by a distance. Ground is coming for him too.

Up for Review looking like he's going to to off fav. Can't have it, the Irish record in this is rancid and I'll happily avoid anything WPM sticks in a handicap chase at the Festival.

Personally don't think it's a strong renewal. If Give Me a Copper drifts out any further he's a bet as he's the least exposed of the lot by a distance. Ground is coming for him too.

I had a strong view last year with Shantou Flyer, but this renewal I'm just sticking to what I know, and as I backed Mister Whitaker the last time he won at this meeting I am doing him again.

I had a strong view last year with Shantou Flyer, but this renewal I'm just sticking to what I know, and as I backed Mister Whitaker the last time he won at this meeting I am doing him again.
I was with you on Shantou Flyer.

Your selection and Coo Star would be my main fears. I'll have a few quid on Vintage Clouds too as he's always a reliable old yolk.

I think PFN has a poor record in this race too

Last edited:
I think PFN has a poor record in this race too

He does indeed, no getting away from that.

However, I wouldn't be overly surprised if Give Me a Copper has at least 10lb in hand. Looking back through his runners in the last 10 years, none have been fancied (shortest price sp 14s)and none have subsequently bettered their mark after taking this race in.

They also fancied him as a good one for the Hennessy off this 145 but couldn't get him back in time.

Just clocked that Willie hasn't even had a runner in this for the last decade!

Thanks to Solomon Grey not being declared I had to look through the Coral Cup from top to bottom all over again. Tully East could be handicapped to go very well. Excellent course form, far from exposed over hurdles and must be backed each way.

I'm all over Tully East like a rash antepost any race, and I had a good bet on him after the decs yesterday. He is an absolute plot job and he'll be backed at some point. The problem of course is he's far from the only one and Elliott and Mullins are mob handed.

Back