The Festival Handicaps

A bit annoying that Edeymi's name keeps cropping up at the previews. I fancied him a couple of years ago when he got brought down and I'd backed him for all his entries as soon as they went NRNB. He's off 4lb lower this time so I have to fancy him again. Although people keep talking up the Pertemps entry (and it would certainly be the easiest option of the 3 entries), he has gone well for a conditional on a number of occasions and I half think that that might be the preference. In the end though, if you discount the Coral, the Pertemps is the earlier race and it may be that, rather than take the chance of missing the cut in the Conditionals race they will go that route. In any event, I've gone for him in both with NRNB.

The shambolic pace of the Greatwood hindered a few horses so if he gets in
the county I'm still convinced Katgary can put his best foot forward with a strong pace and plenty of cover.

Last edited:
I'm still a bit unsure about this bit but isn't there a precedence/rule where if the horse is still entered at the final decs stage but misses the cut you get your money back on AP bets ?

It seems so obvious now, Lee - thanks to you and Perp for the illumination.

Thanks, DG - where did the confirmation come from?

I should say that he very probably won't get a run, as he's 57th in the list, and too many need to come out. He needs an entry tomorrow, and a win wherever he's entered to pick-up a penalty - and even then, he will still need a few to drop away, otherwise it's cooked.

OK - thanks guys.

He must be giving him an entry somewhere, and expecting him to win and pick-up a penalty. It's going to be close, but I'll be happy if I get a run.

Imperial Cup/County hurdle double could be an audacious heist especailly with a nice bonus at stake. :)

Yes, I suppose it's easy for me to speculate as I havn't backed him (yet anyway!:) ), though I'd tend to think they would have already gone for a smaller race to boost his rating if that was their intent. The 50 K Imperial/County Bonus money doesn't come up every day of the week. We'll find out if that's been the plan tomorrow I guess.

Last edited:
Perversely, if they did enter the Imperial Cup, I'd be more confident about Cheltenham, and more worried about my fate at Sandown.

Annacotty' s already on a chance of a substantial bonus for winning the handicap chase on Festival Trials day and one next week. Holding an entry in handicap chases on the Tuesday and the Thursday.

Argentino has a profile similar to Don Poli and Sir Des Champs.
If WPM puts his nephew D J up on him he could skate in in Martin Pipe .

You could see this one getting smashed up on the day.

Don Poli was rated in the 140's sand Sir Des Champs the 130's when winning the Martin Pipe - Argentino has been given a mark of 122 according to the Racing Post site and is a long, long way down the list.

Would have thought Roi Des Francs might be more their horse for the race - as long as he puts DJ up you'd want to be with the Mullins runner.

Martin

Just looked at the weights and he has no chance of getting in. Still don't see how you like Blackmail off that rating.

Back