The Gordy Elliott Horror Picture Show

You'd need to convince the rest of the world, too. :)
Ain't going to happen anyway, would disrupt the pattern, and cost the studs a fortune.

Aargh, I make most of my flat money (such as it is :) ) from 2yo races. 3yo maidens, on the other hand, cost me.

I've been saying for years that racing 2yos is baby battering. However, it's not feasible financially to stop it so banning the use (but not the carrying) of the whip in 2yo races is at least a compromise.

What about the precocious 2yr olds?

I get the argument on allowing them to mature, but this would be changing the whole fabric of the game.

Anyway, all this elite code talk will have us both carried to the tower!:whistle:

would also cost the industry zillions there would be no support for such an idea anywhere ,,,,,,,,no idea what any of this has to do with Gordon Elleot

would also cost the industry zillions there would be no support for such an idea anywhere ,,,,,,,,no idea what any of this has to do with Gordon Elleot

It had morphed into what could help the public perception of racing generally. If you’d read the posts you’d have realised that [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what its turned into.

Fantasy....who woukd by foals and yealing when they could wait and see how they develop....no one would train a horse until 1year,afterthe norm...who pays for the keep...prices would go through the roof...idea is simply stupid...as DO said some peeople think ifs a good idea but i have yet to meet someone who thinks so

Last edited:
Isn’t one of the reasons (the only reason?) that horses are raced as 2-y-os is because it makes business sense to make as much of your commodity as quickly as possible? Sorry to paint it in such crude terms.

But as we were talking about the public perception of racing ( along with the whip etc etc) it’s one of the things that the general public have an issue with. Talk to almost any horse person outside of racing and the general idea, as said above, is pretty much that we wean foals and immediately Chuck a saddle and bridle on them. People IN racing in any form, be that workers or just punters know that there’s way more to it than that and no two year old will hit a racecourse before it’s ready - but we’re talking about how racing needs to look at how it is seen by a casual observer.
Especially when said casual observer is also being told that it’s akin to Victorian children being sent up chimneys and that’s being backed up by the generally available veterinary studies of when bones/joints/soft tissue is all mature and at what age - and all of this is being done purely for the money.
( nobody likes me pointing out that of course money comes into it ffs, it’s a multi billion pound industry across the world, which just makes their idea that people don’t look after their investments even more ludicrous!)

Last edited:
Can you please take this garbage to one of the Flat threads - ta. :thumbsup:

giphy.gif

[emoji8]

The rebuilding of Gordon's profile should beging with a Social media drive of horses working on the gallops, pictures of the countryside and a blog

Do Betfair have a book up on who they get to replace his old blog?

A referral hearing will take place on Wednesday after the IHRB concluded its investigation into a video featuring amateur jockey Rob James

The IHRB has confirmed that a referrals hearing will take place after the conclusion of another investigation into who took the controversial photo of Elliott in 2019. No date has yet been set for that.

Henry always comes across as a thoroughly likeable man and this only enforces that opinion.

It's a shame it's down to unfortunate circumstances but I really hope he makes the most of recent additions to his team and goes on from it.

And that A Plus Tard wins the Gold Cup :D

Back