The Irish Oaks

Why? She`s bred to be a 12f filly and in her first attempt at the trip she was all over the place coming down the hill and hung left in the straight. She hated the track and still managed to get placed. Obviously if it`s really soft that would be a concern but Moonstone is far from certain to confirm the form imo.

That said Gagnoa is even more likely to relish the trip, she basically didn`t have the speed over 11f in the Diane and is overpriced and should be challenging for favouritism.

It actually wont be as soft as I thought it would be tomorrow. The Oxx filly obviously has a chance but I just don't fancy her.

Moonstone is bred to get better and better as the season progresses and her physical make up suggests that. Expect Moonstone to win and win well.

Was there a reason given by Bolger as to why Lush Lashes did run in this race ?

She was Fav for this only a week ago.

She had to be supplimented, at the time it looked like the going was to be pretty testing.

OK... but the ground can change a lot in a week..still she missed out on the Pretty Polly which was at her mercy.

Bolger stated he did not want to run her on firm ground after the race at York but she did win at Ascot on firm. I wonder if that race at Ascot took something out of her.

I wouldn't be opposing Moonstone here myself. I just think she is one of those fillies that will keep moving forwards and probably take this with some authority.

It really has been a weak season for 3yo fillies mind.

the races just seem a bit bunchy, the Oaks looked poor and whilst Nahoodh finally boosted the Guineas form I don't really think Finsceal beo and Heaven Sent actually ran their races and I'm inclined to still believe Infallible doesn't stay.

Lush Lashes for me is one that stands out with Natagora (toughness, still think 6 - 7f her trip), whilst an on song Fleeting Spirit is good.

I would add in Nahoodh and Infallible to these but in the Bosra Sham era I personally think all of these wouldn't have stood a chance.

I just don't see any real exciters as it is so to speak.

the Oaks looked poor

I'm guessing that's the basis of our differing opinions :)

You've mentioned most of the ones I was thinking of, but I'd add Zarkava as the most exciting of the lot.

I would agree with Zarkava sort of forgot about her, but I don't think we have actually seen her face a serious oppenent yet, I don't think Natagora was right in the French 1000

Gagnoa today will be a serious marker for Zarkova. Gagnoa should relish todays trip and going more so than her previous assignments (fast ground & 10 furlongs) so if something can beat her well it will read better than anything Zarkova has done.

Taken 5.2 on the Fabre filly. I confess i`m worried Moonstone might be Peeping Fawn mark II, but that`s my current lack of confidence talking as much as anything else.

Moonstone gets it. Shocking stuff from Colm O'Donoghue. Didn't he get the team tactic instructions?

Needed that winner after the Chapple-Hyam colt decided to bomb out.

Need Prince Among Men to win at Perth for 5/6 in a lucky 63, wish it was more than a 25p ew one though lol

Impressed with the winner, looks gutsy

We'll see. His filly would be a deserved winner but given the placings of Adored and Ice Queen today in comparison to Epsom, it points to that form being somewhat questionable. But I agree Becketts filly would and probably should be a deserved favourite if they clash in the Yorkshire Oaks.

Beach Bunny (who runs in the next) finished runner-up to Ice Queen in a G3 at Cork, before reversing placings in the Pretty Polly. I'm not suggesting that you take that form at face-value, but interesting nonetheless.

Looking at the head on, that would have been an interesting stewards inquiry if Ice Queen had got up.

Back