The Irish Oaks

Gagnoa looked a tricky ride, to put it kindly.

Don't really think there's any point questioning the Epsom form on the basis of much-improved displays from Ice Queen and Adored.

Gagnoa was done no favours by Ice Queen drifting over but in any case I don't think she was going anywhere fast.

Beach Bunny (who runs in the next) finished runner-up to Ice Queen in a G3 at Cork, before reversing placings in the Pretty Polly. I'm not suggesting that you take that form at face-value, but interesting nonetheless.

Well backed, but never really got a run.

Gagnoa was done no favours by Ice Queen drifting over but in any case I don't think she was going anywhere fast.

I was more referring to her taking a keen hold through the first few furlongs and then hanging in behind the front pair when looking like she might go past in the last furlong.

Ah, I didn't see her in the early part of the race. She certainly did stick her head right up once Moonstone came close; looking after herself a bit maybe.

Well done Galileo -I was really tempted by the Powers offer of 5-4 a Ballydoyle winner but went for an each way touch on Honoria -could have went for Ice Queen as she did me a favour when winning her maiden at Cork.

Just had word that to even things up a bit, sort of give the other owners/trainers a chance it has been decided that Jimmy Fortune will ride all AOB horses that need holding up from now on.

Last edited:
She certainly did stick her head right up once Moonstone came close; looking after herself a bit maybe.

It looked to me as if she was hanging behind the front pair even before Moonstone drifted over. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh though.

Looking at it again, Mad About You ran better than her finishing position suggested I thought. Travelled well and initially quickened about a furlong and a half out but just didn't see the out the trip.

Back