The Nicky Henderson Thread

It's someone at Stan James I'm led to believe but presumably they have some sort of discussion with the yard first.

Sounds like Kotkikova is still bring considered for Stayers Hurdle, which is good - though she could probably have done with Ascot being on today.

Last edited:
Charli Parcs gone from 2/5 to 4/6 for Triumph trial at Musselburgh Saturday. Hendersons other horse Soldier in Action into 11/4 from 10/1 for same race!!

A sea of Blue for CP on oddschecker for the Supreme into 5/1 in places. Looks like he's going to miss Musselburgh Saturday & possibly head back to Kempton for the Dovecote before a crack at the supreme!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be fu*cking delighted if that's how it pans out with CP.

JP has some right good juvenile hurdlers on his hands at present. If Defi and CP head for the main events, I wouldn't be surprised if one of his 4yos did some damage, in one of the open handicap hurdles at the Festival.

Charli drift because of the rain forecast for Sat/Sunday....I got some evens so praying the rain don't come in time...Soldiers in Action who acts on soft is in as a precaution

Didn't he win on very soft ground in France on debut which would be fairly testing?

Yes he did, KA, and the going this weekend certainly wouldn't account for the shortening of the Supreme price.

It's slowly-dawning on Tanlic that he is on the right horses, but in the wrong races, and it's making him a bit dribbly in the cerebellum. He also thinks Douvan will win the Arkle apparently. :blink:

More powerful meds are needed, I reckon.

Last edited:
Yes he did, KA, and the going this weekend certainly wouldn't account for the shortening of the Supreme price.

It's slowly-dawning on Tanlic that he is on the right horses, but in the wrong races, and it's making him a bit dribbly in the cerebellum. He also thinks Douvan will win the Arkle apparently. :blink:

More powerful meds are needed, I reckon.

Clerical error you dick :p You think there's a real gamble going on with Soldier in Action be my guest but I am telling you Nicky said he would only run Charli if the ground was not soft.

As for where he will go come Cheltenham if it were left to Nicky he would go Triumph make no mistake about that (or maybe the Arkle :lol:) but as always THEY Nicky PH Frank and JP won't make a decision until March. when all the cards are laid on the table.

A classic example is John Quinn's horse is in 3 races at Musselburgh and John didn't have a clue yesterday where he was running. He is also entered in the Triumph and the Supreme plays the Fred Winter was mentioned a couple of weeks ago. So in the Triumph Trial JP has 2 entries, Nicky has 2, then in the Supreme John Quinn where he may be told to run has JP's plus a Highfield Camacho owned horse Master of Irony but wants to keep them apart so Master of Irony may end up taking on the fav in the County which by pure coincidence belongs to JP............Just too many good juveniles and novices going about this season to keep up.

Guess we'll know a lot more in 3 hours time

Last edited:
Nicky on CP last week before Cheltenham from his blog.

"I really don’t know whether he’ll go for the Triumph or the Supreme and the whole point in coming here is for us to learn about him as I’ve always said I wanted to get some experience into him around the track. The ground shouldn’t be an issue as he won on good ground at Kempton (where it’s always good!!) but has plenty of form on soft in France so he’s very versatile"

Wouldn't imagine soft ground at Musselburgh if it came up that way would be an issue so if he's that versatile. But there's really not that much rain forecast for the area.

Another thing, Nico De Boinnville's name appears beside Soldier in Action but CP remains blank. Geraghty is declared for mounts in Sandown and with Nico riding all Hendersons in Musselburgh it certainly looks as tho CP wont run here at all. You generally see who's riding what from Thursday!!

Last edited:
311131a79585665f688106646eff1098.jpg

Ground is forecast to be heavy on the hurdles course at Sandown so I can understand the decision on Brain Power with only 5 weeks until Cheltenham but I'm mystified re Charli Parcs.

Will find out in blog this evening. Id fully imagine now he is now Supreme bound even tho they wont admit that.

It was quite obvious yesterday evening, as I flagged up here, that he had absolutely no intention of running him at Musselburgh. I ended up cashing out on an accum waiting on him with the first 3 Clonmel winners yesterday as a result.

On a plus, with Brain Power missing tomorrow I now have both 5/2 & 11/10 on BD to take the Sandown race tomorrow.

Last edited:
They have puled a real fast one here. Word gets out that Soldier is the one to back 10/1 to 4/1 they pull out Charli and run John's horse who's won twice on the course. Now that's plan and no one spotted it:blink:

They will almost make as much as you Kauto if they pull it off.

As for Charli he'll go to Kempton for the Adonis then to???...who cares I have backed him in both

I will be backing project bluebook in it myself Tanclic. Form of his last 2 wins are working out very well. Think he'll go off fav tho.

I will be backing project bluebook in it myself Tanclic. Form of his last 2 wins are working out very well. Think he'll go off fav tho.

I need Buveur D'air to win to cover my losses on Charli and he doesn't run until after Project Bluebooks race......I might back him anyway...........It looks like aplan and surely Nicky's won't upset it unless he is the plan..........I can't keep up with this I need a rest:lol:

Back