The Nicky Henderson Thread

A farmer client of mine was at Seven Barrows for his owners' open day a few years ago.
Marquees with professional caterers, stuffed quail eggs, the works were the order of the day.
A far cry from what he is used to at home.

A month yet to the Showcase Meeting, and Henderson already dithering about where to run Might Bite in his opener.

You have to love it, really.

I do not subscribe to his possible option of giving The Biter a 'soft' introduction somewhere. Hw wants thrown-in at the deep-end first-time-out, so that he strips as fit as possible at Kempton, imo.

I agree mate.. They all come alike to "The Biter" whether they be top class chasers are some middle of the road handicapper he'll just do his own thing. Restraining him too much to try and win hard held and curbing his natural talent could do more harm than good.

Lough Derg Spirit needs a strong gallop but had to make his own running which suited The Csez runner up to a T....YKWIMHarry was superb

I know this was probably scripted a few days ago but it is funny Nicky said of Top Notch" I’ll be surprised if he’s not in the first three!"

Last edited:
I respect Nicky but in this case he's off his fuckling head,....If That had been Sprinter in that Arkle he'd have won by 30 lengths and that is no exaggeration.

When did he say this? If beating an in and out character like Special Tiara is the basis for his statement then he has lost his mind

I respect Nicky but in this case he's off his fuckling head,....If That had been Sprinter in that Arkle he'd have won by 30 lengths and that is no exaggeration.

When did he say this? If beating an in and out character like Special Tiara is the basis for his statement then he has lost his mind

RUK Sunday morning

His point was along the lines of Altior would 100% of won a champion hurdle, SS might necessarily not have

I backed Whisper thinking it was a stoll in the park for him as I am no fan of PN's

I just found a brick lying at my feet...........heart attack stuff from Davy Russell who's gotta be the coolest dude riding

RUK Sunday morning

His point was along the lines of Altior would 100% of won a champion hurdle, SS might necessarily not have

I think that's the one DG has given me a link to so I still have to watch it.......I will also tweet Nicky and tell him to stop talking shyte.

Sprinter if he had gone for it, it would have been 2012 when Rock on Ruby won it..........Rock on Ruby V Sprinter Sacre on the flat over fences or over hurdles would have been a no contest

Back