The Nicky Henderson Thread

Hang on; what am I missing out on here? I thought it was NTD that was always getting married??

What was Hendo on about re Jenkins before the race in the brief interview with Chapman?

He stated the horse had been put up 11lbs (true) but was only carrying a 5lbs penalty here so Bowen's allowance would bring him back down to the same mark [effectively] (wrong). Had that been the case I think I'd have been all over him like a rash (Burbank was my main bet).

Unless the card in the RP is wrong, Jenkins was off his new mark today.

Does he get in the Betfair off 132 plus his penalty (or double penalty)?

What was Hendo on about re Jenkins before the race in the brief interview with Chapman?

He stated the horse had been put up 11lbs (true) but was only carrying a 5lbs penalty here so Bowen's allowance would bring him back down to the same mark [effectively] (wrong). Had that been the case I think I'd have been all over him like a rash (Burbank was my main bet).

Unless the card in the RP is wrong, Jenkins was off his new mark today.

Does he get in the Betfair off 132 plus his penalty (or double penalty)?

No 143 plus a penalty I think. Although I too was confused by what Henderson said as I thought he was racing off his new mark today not a penalty.

That’s what I thought too. Tried to get on when I heard that but internet connection was too slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd disagree with that really but I'd always favour not running horses in Grand National off top weight where possible.

What options would you have with Whisper ? If the simple reason for not running in him the Gold cup is they don't think he can win then what they are saying is that he can win a National from top weight. I'd think that highly unlikely. What's wrong with running in a Gold cup and finishing 3rd ? If they didn't fancy a Gold Cup they could always run him in the Denman chase which he'd stand a fair chance of winning and then go to Aintree for the 3 miler skipping Cheltenham. Might Bite may have beaten him there last year but he ran him close without excuse and that was after running in an RSA. By skipping Cheltenham and targeting the Aintree 3 miler (is it the Bowl ) then he'd stand a decent chance of winning that too as its a track he's always been better at imo.

If you didn't fancy Chasing you could always revert him to Staying hurdle races as at this time there doesn't look to be that strong a bunch of candidates. All options in my view are preferable to running off top weight in a National.

Last edited:
I can't have Santini being in the same class as Pacific De Baune.

Santini beat ChefDO who was workmanlike at best and ChefDO went from travelling to bouncing up and down on the same spot
He had all the markings of a horse who needed the race that day so the form may not be as good as it appears to be,

Pacific De Baune looks the best bet of the day from 7 barrows.

That said I can't see L'ami Serge being beat...the way he travels is a huge asset over fences and this could be over before it starts DESPITE HIM being as dodgy as he can be

2 singles and a double for me today

Good luck with L'Ami, Fist, though I wouldn't back him with wooden money after his latest performance.
It's no coincidence that he's finished 2nd in 10 of his 26 starts, or that he's thrown away good chances in 4 of his 6 chases.
Long House Hall would be my idea of the likely winner.

Last edited:
Good luck with L'Ami, Fist, though I wouldn't back him with wooden money after his latest performance.
It's no coincidence that he's finished 2nd in 10 of his 26 starts, or that he's thrown away good chances in 4 of his 6 chases.
Long House Hall would be my idea of the likely winner.

You could be right but I can guarantee if your fella is leading and Davy Russell comes there cruising like Harchi you'll **** yer pants

Back