The Oaks & Irish Oaks

and those that took the 14's probably needed it when they count back the non runners through the years where they lost their money without a run

ante post is mug betting of a high order..when you count up over the years

quoting one instance like that has zero relevance..imo

I can list all my ante post bets since 1991 and I can guarantee you the profit and loss column would very much be on the plus side.

On the other hand, I remember taking 16s on Subotica in the August of 1992 and he was still that price the day before the race.

Midday evidently didn't handle the ground but that takes nothing away from the winner who was much the best and but for Spencer going far too soon was the best in the Oaks too. She looks like she has come on a bundle too - she won in a canter , whether that means she could do the same to an Arc field is a very different matter.

impressive winner beat nothing except a pacemaker though one rival not liking the ground and the other beauty o gwaun being pulled up according to the commentator

should add the yorkshire oaks to her cv

not a bet for the arc if you ask me fag or sts would murder her

I can list all my ante post bets since 1991 and I can guarantee you the profit and loss column would very much be on the plus side.

On the other hand, I remember taking 16s on Subotica in the August of 1992 and he was still that price the day before the race.

Some forumites will remember taking about 16s on Rail Link for the Arc back in July 2006 too after being sweet and bullish all Summer only for the Japanese to make said forumite not feel quite as shrewd on the day. :p

Still an incredible pick and win for those involved though.

Last edited:
Some forumites will remember taking about 16s on Rail Link for the Arc back in July 2006 too after being sweet and bullish all Summer only for the Japanese to make said forumite not feel quite as shrewd on the day. :p

Still an incredible pick and win for those involved though.

20/1, and despite feeling a tad pi$$ed off, I could live with it again

Back