The Oaks

Dettori is in massive trouble here, dropped his hands and lost third.

I won't hear a bad word said against him - he knew I needed Izzi Top to get placed and he duly abided. Any talk of bans for such consideration is nonsense :p

Fallon got 10 days at Kempton in April for dropping his hands and losing 4th place. This was way way worse and he lost 3rd place.

I'm a massive Dettori fan but you're right, totally unforgivable. As an ambassador for the Champion series too, he should be apologising on TV for it.

Latest news from the High Court Fallon's lawyers are arguing Araci should be paying him for getting off his horse do Murtagh could ride !

I won't hear a bad word said against him - he knew I needed Izzi Top to get placed and he duly abided. Any talk of bans for such consideration is nonsense :p

Worked for me too... had WoW at 11/10 in a match with BB. In fairness though I don't think Dettori could have beaten the front two whatever he had done.

I'm not so sure Izzi Top was in full control of her placed spot!:lol: ...well done.

I'm a massive Dettori fan but you're right, totally unforgivable. As an ambassador for the Champion series too, he should be apologising on TV for it.

I took my eyes off BB as I was watching the runner-up. Couldn't believe it when I saw BB wasn't third... thought I must have been watching the wrong horse!

I took my eyes off BB as I was watching the runner-up. Couldn't believe it when I saw BB wasn't third... thought I must have been watching the wrong horse!

i couldn't believe it either

i wonder what affect that will have on the horse's worth at stud..that run could have been a running on 3rd in an Oaks..whereas it looks like she ran out of stamina by losing 3rd place..an expensive blip possibly?

Last edited:
i couldn't believe it either

i wonder what affect that will have on the horse's worth at stud..that run could have been a running on 3rd in an Oaks..whereas it looks like he ran out of stamina by losing 3rd place..an expensive blip possibly?

“Guineas winner placed in the Oaks” does read better than “Guineas winner unplaced in the Oaks”. And you’re right, history tends to forget about the “should’ves” and concentrate on what’s in the book.

It makes little difference. She is not going to stud, she's a filly. And, Godolphin will just race all her progeny themselves, so commercially there is little effect.

It makes little difference. She is not going to stud, she's a filly. And, Godolphin will just race all her progeny themselves, so commercially there is little effect.

She'll be visiting stud farms though... and if I'm any judge probably hanging around in bars, etc... I've seen the type.;)

Last edited:
Back