The Pointing Thread

Why is See U Again Son 25/1 with Stan James?

Fat fingers I assume. They have a 25/1 rag at 7/4 so they've just got the horses the wrong way round. I'd imagine any bets will be voided under the palpable error rule but it's worth a try I guess. If only I still had a Stan James account...

Galros Lady should be favourite but ran very flat last time out, was driven from early on but she looks the best horse in the race, Merrydown Vintage approaching the correct price.

Virgo The First the potential improver as impressive LTO.

Martin

Galros Lady should be favourite but ran very flat last time out, was driven from early on but she looks the best horse in the race, Merrydown Vintage approaching the correct price.

Virgo The First the potential improver as impressive LTO.

Martin

Thanks Martin. I've dutched Galros Lady and Virgo the First, and had a small reverse forecast.

Something clearly amiss with Galros Lady. Thought VtF got an overconfident ride. Mistake two out didn't help but he should've been closer at that point.

Hi all - got a question or two about PTP directed at Martin and / or anyone else who goes to them if that's alright?

There's a ptp in knutsford (tabley I think) this Sunday and was thinking of taking the wife and kids (6 and 9 years old) for a day out.

However I've never been to one before so just wondering if they're child friendly, etc.

Price seems good if I'm reading it right (£20 for me, wife and two kids) but I've a niggling concern that its more a Cheshire set day out with no kids and just a load of adults quaffing champagne and eating oysters.

Basically am I going to be out of place having kids in tow and being the pleb that I am?!

Cheers

Hi all - got a question or two about PTP directed at Martin and / or anyone else who goes to them if that's alright?

There's a ptp in knutsford (tabley I think) this Sunday and was thinking of taking the wife and kids (6 and 9 years old) for a day out.

However I've never been to one before so just wondering if they're child friendly, etc.

Price seems good if I'm reading it right (£20 for me, wife and two kids) but I've a niggling concern that its more a Cheshire set day out with no kids and just a load of adults quaffing champagne and eating oysters.

Basically am I going to be out of place having kids in tow and being the pleb that I am?!

Cheers

They're absolutely full of kids, I take mine all the time. There's often bouncy castles and other fairground type stuff there. It's a good family day out and far easier than taking kids to racing under rules.

There's normally stalls like at the funfair or the circus at Tabley - sweet stalls, a few of those games (the win a goldfish type ones) etc.

There is an element of the Cheshrie set day out but there's racing on, sweet stalls, burger van etc. tbh I can't remember exactly what there was at the last meeting as I was working but there seemed to be plenty of kids around.

You certainly won't be out of place if you like your racing and have kids with you - forecast isn't great for Sunday but I'll be there myself if you need any help with anything just let me know.

Entries look decent enough too - Donald McCain has at least one in with his daughter up and he's been at every Tabley meeting (three) I've attended.

They're a great day out if you like racing, betting or watching horses jump fences and you can go in the middle of the track for some great viewing etc too.

Martin

Fantastic, cheers both that's exactly what I hoped to hear. Much appreciated

I might take you up on that Martin, thanks.

One last question, can I just turn up or should I be booking tickets? I've assumed there's no problem turning up on the day from what I read on their website but no idea if this is a biggish event that could be sold out.

Cheers

Never heard of one selling out - everyone just turns up on the day. That said the 'forward car park' (better view from the car) sold out at Woodford a few weeks ago.

Historically the charge is per car, but increasingly recently they are charging per occupant.

Last edited:
Edit - Website's been updated from when I last looked and seems to have all the answers now re: pay on gate, amenities, etc. Thanks again

Per Car charge is historical from when they weren't allowed to charge entrance but could charge for parking - most have changed as these days it can be a fiver each if you have 5 in a car or a single occupancy of £15 which is at best unfair.

It's a lovely setting with the old Tabley House (now a nursing home I believe) about 100 yards from the track and a lovely big lake at the top of the track too.

Not far from the M6 (200 yards or so from Knutsford Services) too for anyone else who fancies a visit.

Martin

Back